Sync 3.4.20196 - Feedback & Issues

have you master reset?

Newbie here.
Focus2017
Upgrade from 3.0 19205 with maps to 3.4 20196 with maps.
Upgrade took about 48min.
After the update performed a master reset and seems that all is working fine.
Radio logo’s are shown

Calm screen not present, this need to be set with FORSCAN ?

Thankssss

Calm screen will need to be programmed with FORScan. See the As Built Database on this site.

https://cyanlabs.net/ford-apim-asbuilt-db/

And welcome to the community.

1 Like

The pic you posted in the other thread shows no Gracenotes…

I uploaded 3.4_20196 F9, everything worked out.
Unfortunately, I do not have the station’s logo.
Esacpe from the USA imported to Poland.
I guess I would have to change APIM or ACM.

It seems to me that in version 3.4_19101 it was in the “station logo” options and now I do not see it

A post was split to a new topic: Waze as carplay homescreen

My front camera on 2016 smax didn’t work until I changed to 7D0-02-01 xxxx xxx4 E4xx

Thank you!!

1 Like

Maybe I have missed it somewhere but is it possible to upgrade to the new maps only? I upgraded from 3.3 with F7 maps to 3.4.20196 with F9 maps a couple of months ago and would ideally like to upgrade to the latest maps.

Sorry if I’ve skipped over something that’s states if it can or can’t be done.

Yes but i recommend using the reformat tool, you can change the install mode in the app to “autoinstall” if you really want to use the normal method but it will take almost twice as long (make sure to unselect apps, gracenotes, enh_dab and voice), may not update due to insufficient storage and may just endlessly say “updating”

Reformat is highly recommended unless you have a My20 unit.

Thank you. My car is a MY19. If I do the reformat I assume I will have to redo any changes to splash screens etc I did with ForScan?

no forscan changes will be needed.

Okay, thank you.

I have started downloading the full package again, 3.4.20196 using the new tool and it has given me a warning about downgrading/not compatible with MY20 cars, will this be an issue?

if you do not have a my20 car then no

@CyanLabs great application mate. Faced some issues after doing the official ford update from 3.3 to 3.4.20136. No logos, laggy, not giving me the option to upgrade to F9 maps after upgrading to 3.4 , emergency call assist error afte starting car each time. Master reset, disconnected battery overnight but still same.

Had been trying to keep official, but as we know the community and Devs like yourself always sort it out.

Anyway did a downgrade/reformat Inc maps to 20196 using syn3 to crate the usb and all my issues are resolved.

learnt alot about the way these systems work from this site over the last week, so much appreciated.

Glad to hear it :slight_smile: i also learnt a lot since starting out this update guide :slight_smile:

1 Like

@CyanLabs @F150Chief
After a day or so the 4G modem including the fordpass localization was working again.
This morning the complete 4G modem including the SOS system has crashed and gives me an notification in my dash and red notice on the ceiling!

I’ve had this problem in the past, when they pushed an OTA update. They had too complete swap the computer and TCU. And now the problem is back… so this is not good news for the 3.4.20196 and not only MY20 (my car is a Focus 2018) issues…

I am wondering if I can go back to the 3.4.20136 (Cyanlabs or Ford Original), the 4G modem did work with that version…

Hey, in want to download the Sync 3.4 for my Ford Kuga 2018. I try that way you post on this site with all the downloads but it doesent work…

Normally you can just install the 20136 version over the 20196 version. It’s the same as doing a downgrade but just back to 20136. If it does not work it is probably because there is not enough storage. It that case, revert to 3.3.19052, then update back again to 20136.

If you downloaded thru the Syn3 Updater, please post the log file on the USB.

I spent ten hours downloading 3.4 . 20196 but it failed to load the final pair of files, I think to USB
and rewards me with err 05lst
Where can I find the log file, please?
this file is not visible in sink my ride but is referenced in the autoinstall file:
Item1 = REFORMAT TOOL - 1u5t-14g386-cb.tar.gz
Open1 = SyncMyRide\1u5t-14g386-cb.tar.gz. So I suspect it is the key to the problem. Is it possible (and safe,) to add it to the USB drive in Sync my ride?