Sync 3.4.20196 - Feedback & Issues

Rerun the app with a different USB drive, you shouldn’t be unzipping the files either.

Hello, after update from 3.0 to 3.4.20196 and everything was ok, the log.txt file was not created. How do I get this file? Thanks.

I just ran the program again with the same result. I did use the same flash drive but I formatted prior to starting the updater and then Syn3 prompted me for a format as well. Everything seems to go fine with the download. Do you think the drive is messed up? It just seems odd if that’s the problem. It’s a 32GB USB 3.0 Lexar flash drive. But during the process nothing installs to it. It formats the drive but I have to disconnect and reconnect the drive and then drag and drop the files to the drive after I reconnect it. But I never see the notification window from the tutorial saying “Would you like to update your current sync version in the app so it’s correct for future use?” As soon as it completes downloading the files the program completely closes and my flash drive disappears from list of drives. But the 4 TAR files all show up in my downloads folder as they’re supposed to.

I get 4 files when it’s finished they all come to my downloads folder but the program just exits. I don’t get any confirmation or anything. Should that be the case? I have the force install mode set to automatic and it selects reformat.

With or without unzipping the files in my truck it was the same result, recognizes the USB as a media device but that’s it. I only tried unzipping because I couldn’t figure out why it didn’t work the first time. I removed other USB connected devices, with truck off plugged in the USB and started the vehicle.

Occured right after updating to IOS 14. Open Apple Maps once and then close it. Problem went away

Guys can we try and keep this thread specific to 3.4.20196 issues, if you have a issue not directly related to 20196 make a new thread/topic!

You may refer https://community.cyanlabs.net/t/tutorial-apim-interrogator-utility/1856

@CyanLabs 2 weird things have happened now on my FOCUS ST3 powershift since the update… when I go into Sport on the gearstick it used to turn the start stop off and the orange “off” light would automatically come on which disables the start stop to keep the engine running. Now it’s no longer turning the orange light to “off” and just showing an A with a circle and line through it on the dash so start stop is still turned off it’s just not illuminating the “off” button. I can press the button and the button illuminates as normal. In normal drive mode the start stop is still turning the engine on and off as expected.

To reiterate this is not me trying to turn start stop on and it not turning the car off… the issue is the “off” button no longer illuminates with the word “off” when shifting into sport like it did before the update to 20196.

I also had an issue last week where the climate control panel was resetting back to 22c each time I got in the car, not only that but with it in dual mode rather than separate driver/passenger temp mode the drivers side was not adjusting the passenger side temp. Holding the AUTO button down usually syncs them back up so that drivers side adjusts the passenger side. This was not happening and adjusting the passenger side was then turning down the drivers side. After a few engine restarts it seemed to have reset itself.

I also have the latest firmware for my APIM apart from one letter at the end yet calm screen only worked for the first engine cycle and is no longer available again now despite being turned on in the APIM. Even tried changing the APIM as built values as recommended but still it only worked the once until I turned the engine off.

do you have android or carplay?
neither google or waze IPC navigation works for me with carplay

EDIT: nevermind. i just saw you use android. that explains it

Recently upgraded my 2019 Ford Kuga mk III in EU region from Sync 3.4 20136 with F8 maps to Sync 3.4 20196 F9 maps with auto updater. Everything has gone correctly but the navigator places me in a town or city in Germany and I live in Spain. Could it be because I did the update in a parking lot and it still hasn’t received the GPS signal correctly? I did a test to start a journey and I was still in Germany so I understand that it connects correctly with the GPS. What could be happening?

Did you do a master reset after the update?

Yes, I did it and it seems that everything works correctly but the location of the nav marks me in Germany.

Yes I did. Still the same.

Has anybody else seen a potential bug in 20196 where Ipod indexing is repeating the same track many times in the catalogue and therefore taking a very long time to index the device before browsing is available? I also have the double skip bug for the record.

I have not heard of an Ipod having issues, but then how old is it? Look at Ford Owner site and see if it is compatible. The double skip on FF > is a bug, yes…

Do you have a red circle with GPS showing off line? I heard of this happening to a guy in the US showing he was in Michigan, but he was not. It was in the F150Forum, 2015 F150 section somewhere. He did resolve it, but I’ll have to find what he did.

Finally it was solved without doing anything, the problem was that he did not take the car out and he could not triangulate correctly with the GPS satellite. When it did I position myself correctly.

1 Like

The first 3.4 release where heated steering wheel controls are directly in climate menu (bottom left) rather than the menu within climate menu.

Happy about this.

1 Like

Notice some more weirdness after going to 20196… in APIM diagnostics/config menu in Sync, many of the options shown don’t match what my vehicle actually has installed, too many to list. Everything in the vehicle appears to be working properly, just something I noticed. Is this normal?

I have also noticed this as well. I don’t know why this is the way that it is but everything in my car also works fine and when I connect to FORScan it reads from the car and the settings are correct. It seems that its just SYNC that doesn’t display the config properly.

In the past I turned on the heating and cooling icons by using Forscan. You can do the same, search the required code on google