Sync 3.4.20196 - Feedback & Issues

Nobody knows…it’s not defined. It is on by default.

DAB is EU only. And that does not include all the countries. Doesn’t affect SiriusXM.
It seems that the NON-NAV APIM’s have an issue with Sirius logos. There are a few threads on F150Forum complaining about it. (And 2GFusions) I have not seen a solution, but sometimes they just appear back.

Here is a good thread to read thru for the SiriusXM logo issues.
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/upgrade-sync-3-v3-0-v3-4-instructions-458828-post6377934/?highlight=siriusxm+logos#post6377934

hi, its posibile to fix no Logo Echo in FM ? I see in Mondeo MK5 team just hawe fix for this bug instalation from USB pen.

1 Like

Actually no, the engine was not running. I’ll check that today. Thanks for the suggestion.

Okay, I thought I read that the ‘back-end’ function, or parts of it, i.e. station logos, worked with EU radio and Sirius.

Going to read the thread at the F150 forum. I frequent 2GFusions and have never seen anything about this there though. In fact, a site search for “sirius” shows the latest thread being from 2019 (and it’s related to a free promotional period).

1 Like

131/5000

Good morning, I have 20196 and everything works perfectly, the only thing that I cannot activate by voice air conditioning, someone knows how to correct it

What MY is your APIM?
Have you checked already the following thread?

May this can help, if yes please report it to @F150Chief

1 Like

Hi,

I managed to update my Sync 3 from 3.0.19205 to the newest 3.4.20196 and F8 maps to F9 for EU.
I can also control the airco on screen now.

Today i had to reset everything because the radio didn’t shut down when car locked.
The screen wasn’t reacting on my tappings… after a minute it did shut down.

Anybody else with the same problem?

When I want to set the temperature by voice command, he tells me to do it manually

What is gracenotes for?

I’ve heard of that and seen it only once. After a Master Reset it usually fixes it. Seems it got stuck on processing something, like maps, and didn’t finish.

You probably have manual controls only then. Otherwise it would not have responded like that.

Gracenotes is a CDDB music library.

But it has a bi-zone climate control, it’s weird, shouldn’t something be enabled?

It also helps with voice recognition mapping when using voice control, e.g. ‘Play a Rolling Stones album’ will do just that.

Was the voice control working in front of the update?
Please check your asbuilt values:
https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13377
APIM 7D0-01-02 xxxx x*xx xx
0 : Climate control type automatic (Climate voice)
4 : Climate control type manual (Not climate voice)
A good reference for all apim related values is here:
https://cyanlabs.net/ford-apim-asbuilt-db/
@Louage @F150Chief @CyanLabs You guys have done a great job here, i am really stoked

2 Likes

Good evening everyone!!

I stopped by a Ford dealer today to find out how to get the radio station logs. They didn’t know! They stayed to consult Ford and after they told me.

My Ford mondeo / Fusion 2018 with update 3.40196.Made successfully, but with the help of Eng.Who knows, once again, tell me PF.

One small issue i’ve noticed since i got 20196 is with the radio.
for example, i could be listening to the 3rd station on the list and it would be highlighted but when i leave the car for a long time when i get back in, the same station will be playing but is no longer highlighted and if i change channels with the steering wheel controls the first station on the list is selected (it doesn’t go to the station either side of the one i was listening to).
It’s only a minor thing but just thought id mention it.
Other then that I’m happy with the new layout and the couple of extra features.

That is actually normal as far as I know. The preset highlights are not backlit unless you select it.

I’ve never paid attention to that, but the last time I saved my stations I did them in ascending order, left to right. I was being a geek, ok. They always go to the next one with the steering wheel buttons, up or down, from the station I am listening to. Maybe this has something to do with it?

I had lots of issues with getting calm screen to work on my setup. I had some odd firmware that caused forscan to not detect updates. After failing to update and bricking my APIM I got it to download F/W based on Hardware which worked after I fixed the issue with my OBDLink and it’s bad default settings.

Online Traffic Modem (OTM), Calm Screen (CS), Enhanced DAB (ED), AA OE Channel Feature (AACF)
7D0-02-03 x0xx xx <------My default on my Lincoln MKZ
7D0-02-03 x4xx xx <------My current setting to get Calm Screen working.
0=OTM Not Available, Calm Screen Disabled,EnhDAB Disabled, AACF Enabled
4=OTM Not Available, Calm Screen Enabled,EnhDAB Disabled, AACF Enabled

What ObdLink issues did you have? Can you post the settings that worked?

Glad you got it fixed…,

I would not be able to live with station presets if they aren’t in “order”. Do people actually have them in random order ? :flushed: