Sync 3.4.20196 - Feedback & Issues

2019 focus active.
thanks.

Your current version and the one you’re updating to are the same, are you sure this is correct? You have them both set at 20196, if so, then you’re not actually changing anything as you have kept existing maps.

Yep. wasn’t changing the maps. already updated the apps package and wanted to update the voice, DAB and gracenote to see if there was any improvements.
cheers.
Feel free to move this conversation if its going off topic.

@Kostas_Kalathas I guess you are talking about this webpage or? I just used the UK Version, i guess it will be similiar in Greece or the country you live. The UK and German Page are more or less identical.
https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

In the European webpages from it is always a 2-step approach enter the VIN than the system checks for software updates. If this is the recent version, than they script will check for the maps.

If the update is performed the user has to upload the interrogator xml file. Otherwise there will always the software update prepared.

The US homepage looks much more user-friendly :wink: but does not accept european VIN ESN combinations :frowning: at least not the one from my car.

1 Like

Yes this is the page. I am afraid that the system will not get informed about my update and will not offer me the maps update. That’s why I asked about the xml file that is missing from sync folder after update.

Just use the link at the update page from Ford.uk it is placed under troubleshooting.
https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxeu/rhd/central/owners/resources-and-support/sync-&-bluetooth-support/update/documents/Interrogator_AC.zip
This will create the xml-file in the SyncMyRide folder of the USB-stick
To be honest i dont know how Ford is dealing with inofficial updated Sync modules. If the script is just checking for software version same or higher than it may work.
:slight_smile:
Anyhow i guess normally the map files are faster spreaded by other channels than by the offical Ford update page for your vehicle. :wink:

They don’t deal with it. The Interrogator Utility just gathers the statistics of the APIM and then you send that to Ford. If you have an “unofficial” or NON-Ford packaged update (the files are the same, they all come from the same place) and you are allowed that update, then it will reflect the update when you upload the xml. If you are not allowed that update, it is not supposed to show it. (I have seen where this is not true.) For instance, my 2015 F-150 is stuck on Sync 2 Rev 3.10 on the Ford website, because the vehicle was never equipped with Sync 3.

So theoretically, the Ford website will only show what your vehicle is authorized, according to Ford. Map updates, like you say, are handled entirely separate from the app, etc., updates.

2 Likes

I am used to have updates from other sources for all my gadgets. In this case - map - I have not found other source except cyanlabs but there is the bricking danger with 2020 cars.

I understand, but the inconvenience of slightly outdated maps is a bit easier than replacing the APIM with Ford. That is a bit expensive. Unless you can get a warranty replacement…it’s not worth the hassle.

2 Likes

You are 100% right. Moreover we have the option of android auto even with USB cable. If android auto worked wireless i would not need the navigation of sync.

1 Like

2017 Ford Edge. Update went fine, took about 40 minutes. Almost everything works - cameras, USB song play, ambient lights, BUT, on the Climate Control screen, and the hard button, the rear window heater does not work, and the icon on the screen is grayed-out. Anyone else seeing this? Not a big problem, as I live in Georgia (USA) but would like to know…thanks

The APIM and/or Sync shouldn’t impact the ‘hard’ button. Silly question, but is the engine running when you check this ?

1 Like

No luck… I even logged into Sirius and had a refresh signal sent (car was outside too). Any other setting(s) need changed too ?

What is AA OE Channel Feature ? It must be the setting I’m looking for though 'cause it’s turned on by value “4”. I thought “Enhanced DAB (ED)” worked for EU-based radio as well as Sirius but with value “4”, it’s disabled.

Nobody knows…it’s not defined. It is on by default.

DAB is EU only. And that does not include all the countries. Doesn’t affect SiriusXM.
It seems that the NON-NAV APIM’s have an issue with Sirius logos. There are a few threads on F150Forum complaining about it. (And 2GFusions) I have not seen a solution, but sometimes they just appear back.

Here is a good thread to read thru for the SiriusXM logo issues.
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/upgrade-sync-3-v3-0-v3-4-instructions-458828-post6377934/?highlight=siriusxm+logos#post6377934

hi, its posibile to fix no Logo Echo in FM ? I see in Mondeo MK5 team just hawe fix for this bug instalation from USB pen.

1 Like

Actually no, the engine was not running. I’ll check that today. Thanks for the suggestion.

Okay, I thought I read that the ‘back-end’ function, or parts of it, i.e. station logos, worked with EU radio and Sirius.

Going to read the thread at the F150 forum. I frequent 2GFusions and have never seen anything about this there though. In fact, a site search for “sirius” shows the latest thread being from 2019 (and it’s related to a free promotional period).

1 Like

131/5000

Good morning, I have 20196 and everything works perfectly, the only thing that I cannot activate by voice air conditioning, someone knows how to correct it

What MY is your APIM?
Have you checked already the following thread?

May this can help, if yes please report it to @F150Chief

1 Like

Hi,

I managed to update my Sync 3 from 3.0.19205 to the newest 3.4.20196 and F8 maps to F9 for EU.
I can also control the airco on screen now.

Today i had to reset everything because the radio didn’t shut down when car locked.
The screen wasn’t reacting on my tappings… after a minute it did shut down.

Anybody else with the same problem?