Sync 3.4.20196 - Feedback & Issues

Ahh well that sucks… my APIM i think is from 2018… Wonder if someone will find a way to program that in.

In 2019, Ford finally switched to the SiriusXM radio, rather than the Sirius (Not XM) format. Remember that originally Ford went Sirius, GM went XM Radio, then the SiriusXM merger. Ford never adopted the full SiriusXM format in the radios until last year. This is a hardware upgrade to the ACM, and programming as built changes for the APIM. Except for 2019+ vehicles, no one has got this to work yet. (If I am wrong, I would like the information how to do it…)

By the way… sat radio sounds so much better in the new vehicles than previous.

Sorry what is the ACM as opposed to the APIM? Are these possible to upgrade in a 2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid?

ACM is the actual radio module, APIM is the interface for the audio, phone, and nav systems. And yes, it is possible to upgrade the Fusion ACM. I think there may be some references to this at the 2GFusion forum.

Nobody have any idea how I can continue the update, as I removed the usb stick when the update for the f9 updates said so, but now read in the manual, so I shouldnt have removed the stick? Now the sync 3 is just a Black screens and all functions are dead

Hey Guys, thx for your Work. Update to 20196 works great!! Only Problem on my SMAX 2020 the Button for the Frontcamera didn’t work. The Parkingassistent works fine…

Many Greetz from Germany, Alex

Hi. Im using an apim manufactured in 2019 from a mustang bullit, in my 2016 mustang gt. I recently updated it via the official ford updater to 3.4 build 20136. However it says my F8 maps are upto date.

Ive tried downloading the update from here 20196 with the latest F9 eu maps, however i keep getting an error message when copy/validate is processing. It says “Failed to verify file 3 times, ensure usb drive and port are fully functional”

the usb drive is fine and i have tried other usb drives and i get the same.

Any help?

1 Like

Does that file exist in your download directory?
4u5t-14g381-an

this is what has downloaded

that file is not valid, the download must have failed image

it should be about 400-800mb not 20

how do i download that specific file? i lookied in the download list in the app, but couldnt see that specific file.

cheers

attempt the process again and it should recheck and if needed redownload it.

1 Like

You can fix the front camera issue by editing your AS BUILT. I believe the value you need to change to is:

7D0-01-02 xxxx xx1x xxxx

Be sure to first save your current configuration before you apply these edits. Once you apply the edits reboot your APIM and try the front camera functions again.

If it still doesn’t work then also try this:

7D0-02-01 xxxx xxx4 E4xx

Again, be sure to save your current configuration so that you can revert back if it produces undesirable results.

2 Likes

Good morning, i think i need Forscan or UCDS to Change the config. Then i must Look, i dont have this Tools. Thx für your Support!!

1 Like

Will the station logos used in Poland now work in Ford Escape from the USA?

CyanLabs does not support changing region, but yes in theory it should.

But I already have the region changed to PL and uploaded 3.4_19101. Logos are only on version 3.4_20196

I don’t understand your comment.

Can a car bought in the USA and used in the EU display the station’s logos without replacing APIM with EU?

No idea, this isn’t really related to Sync 3.4.20196 either.