Sync 3.4.20196 - Feedback & Issues

Excellent news :slight_smile: I think you’ll agree it’s much easier now?

1 Like

Is the downgrade still needed with the new app?

It’s all automatically determined aslong as you have the correct “current version” selected

Understood. but are you saying its auto determined and then would downgrade and upgrade automatically Depending on what’s choosen etc?

Yes it will pick one of 3 modes, autoinstall , downgrade or reformat , downgrade will do downgrade and reformat in one.

Amazing! Thank you CyanLabs!

Sure. Works better than the Version before

Hi, CyanLabs

I have done the manual update from 3.4_20021 to 20196 for ANZ (South America), installing the APPs and VOICE, using the previous program Sync3Dowloader. Everything is running OK, but I didn’t see any difference in layout (I am using the Lincoln Continental Theme).
Also, I don’t see the License (4U5T-14G424) in the ISVU screen. I don’t know if it is hidden.
My car is an EcoSport Titanium 2018.

Layout is only changed on Ford, Blame Ford :wink:

Today I discovered a new bug in version 20196. When playing audio files, the skip-forward button on the control unit switches 2 tracks further. When you use the skip button on the steering wheel, however, you jump to the next track.

1 Like

This has been reported, thanks. It looks like a firmware/software incompatibility with the older models using Sync. I found this on my 2015 F150, along with more than a few folks with other models. There is no solution at this time that I know of. However, the steering wheel controls work normally, right?

Anyone know what is different between 20136 and 20196? I actually have a normal Sync 3.4 radio in a 2020 and when it grabbed an update, it went to 20136 and stopped there.

Makes me feel like 20196 may have an issue?

Anyone know anything?

3.4.20196 isn’t a public release (at least not yet). Ford decided to release 3.4.20136 publicly instead for some reason. The new 20196 update fixes the USB issues and has redesigned audio interfaces. Overall better than 20136 in my opinion. You can update to 20196 via the Syc3 Updater app posted on this site if you so chose.

Thank you for letting me know! I appreciate it.

1 Like

In 20196, if I play music from a USB Stick, the SEARCH feature is disabled while the vehicle is in motion. In 19101 I was able to search and change albums, in 20196 all I can do is change tracks.

This is correct. Safety measures were implemented a few builds ago.

Ah yes, it is so much safer to pull over on the interstate to change albums.
Which builds started the “Safety” feature? 19101 is good.

Thanks

Just performed the update… was on 3.4.19200 and performed the update using the new Sync updated tool. Took about 40 minutes… but worked perfectly. On 3.4.20196 and love the new look. #Cyanlabs… can’t say enough! You are awesome

Also noticed in Sirius radio… the logos come up for stations… but to the right there is a graphic with a music note. Anyone know what that might be for ? Possible album covers?

Album artwork. From what I have seen on other forums, this works on the newer radios (ACM’s), with SiriusXM. Like mid 2019 and up, it appears.

When you listen to music from usb, the artwork will appear.

1 Like