Sync 3.4.20196 - Feedback & Issues

Wonderful, those look good.

Which files do you need that are not in the SyncMyRide folder? All the files listed in the reformat.lst file need to be there. Plus the reformat file, 1u5t-14g386-cb.tar.gz

I do not have 1u5t-14g386-cb.tar.gz in the syncmyride folder or anywhere on the USB drive. How do I obtain it please?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14eznxM0uhqwhz6jrubp0OzN2M0kBPuF3/view?usp=sharing

There you go…place in SyncMyRide folder.

Thank you. I’ll download it and put it in sync my ride and report progress. That is very kind of you.

Hope all works well, you are very welcome.

If you don’t have the reformat file likely dropbox is blocked by your internet connection.

I have a file of 8683 Kb in the USB, does that seem right to you?

The one you downloaded from the link above, that is correct.

Thank you. I’ll try it in the car. Good night.

It worked, Yippee! I have had more help from you in an hour than ford gave me in a week!
Thank you so much. V3.4 looks great. DAB logos all ok, phone pairs and nav works. Brilliant. Off to send you a few beers on Paypal. Again, thank you.

2 Likes

Hello. I had 3.4 (19274) on it and the display kept flickering. Then I installed 3.4 (20196) over it. Still had problems. Then I installed downgrade to 3.3 (19052) and reformat to 3.4 (20196). Now I have the following problem. With USB and CD the tracks jump two tracks forward when you press the >> button. When I press the tune> button press a track. On the steering wheel and on the touch button it works as it should. Incidentally, the flickering has currently disappeared.

I think the jump two tracks is a bug in 20196. I’ve got the same issue & I think others have reported it here too (earlyish in the thread).

Hello, I am new here. What is the best type of flash drive I can use? Another question: my car does not have DAB+, so do I have to select ENH_DAB? Hopefully my logos on FM radio will work.

I used a Sandisk Ultra USB3.0 64GB formatted to EXFAT and it worked first time.

Why after updating to 3.4_20196 in the radio options I do not have a switch to turn on the station logo? It seems to me that in version 3.4_19101 it was but was inactive.

Having a couple of issues here. 2019 Mk8 Fiesta ST. Upgrading from 3.4.20196 F9 to 3.4.20196 F9/09 maps.

Appear to be stuck in a loop. All packages get extracted and I get the green screen at the end telling my to remove the usb. Upon doing so the system reboots shortly after and asks for the usb to be reinserted. Doing so results in the system doing something and reverting back to the old 3.3 looking theme and the nav thinks it’s in Germany, I’m in the UK. Having a feeling I’ve somehow managed to brick it :confused:

Hi there. I have my2020 focus MK4. I have official update from 3,4,19200 to 3,4,20136.
I am happy with software but I am not happy with maps, which are f8 and it makes navigation pretty useless, since many new roads were build in past 5 years.
I’d like to update, but- my2020…
So I have following questions

• What is the risk if I try to downgrade to 3,3 and update to 3,4 with f9 maps?
  • If I get black screen, can I revert the changes?

Answers:

• It depends on your APIM, but all issues reported until now are with MY20 models
  • No

If I were you, I’d wait until further information is available.

You can get along crappy maps by using Android Auto or Apple Car Play, if you brick your SYNC then it’s back to Garmin with a dead SYNC.

To me, a map update it’s not worth the risk.

1 Like

Do not re-insert the USB , master reset instead as per the guide.

I agree with Sandman entirely.

1 Like