Sync 3.4.20196 - Feedback & Issues

Did you do a master reset after the update?

Yes, I did it and it seems that everything works correctly but the location of the nav marks me in Germany.

Yes I did. Still the same.

Has anybody else seen a potential bug in 20196 where Ipod indexing is repeating the same track many times in the catalogue and therefore taking a very long time to index the device before browsing is available? I also have the double skip bug for the record.

I have not heard of an Ipod having issues, but then how old is it? Look at Ford Owner site and see if it is compatible. The double skip on FF > is a bug, yes…

Do you have a red circle with GPS showing off line? I heard of this happening to a guy in the US showing he was in Michigan, but he was not. It was in the F150Forum, 2015 F150 section somewhere. He did resolve it, but I’ll have to find what he did.

Finally it was solved without doing anything, the problem was that he did not take the car out and he could not triangulate correctly with the GPS satellite. When it did I position myself correctly.

1 Like

The first 3.4 release where heated steering wheel controls are directly in climate menu (bottom left) rather than the menu within climate menu.

Happy about this.

1 Like

Notice some more weirdness after going to 20196… in APIM diagnostics/config menu in Sync, many of the options shown don’t match what my vehicle actually has installed, too many to list. Everything in the vehicle appears to be working properly, just something I noticed. Is this normal?

I have also noticed this as well. I don’t know why this is the way that it is but everything in my car also works fine and when I connect to FORScan it reads from the car and the settings are correct. It seems that its just SYNC that doesn’t display the config properly.

In the past I turned on the heating and cooling icons by using Forscan. You can do the same, search the required code on google

Is this something particular with this release? Or it had been happening with previous releases as well?

Not sure. Didn’t check the config on SYNC in diagnostics before this version. I guess if someone was really inclined they could downgrade to 20136 and check.

avdonr,
What specifically are you finding? Pic?

I still have a vehicle on 20136, so I could compare some things, maybe…

It’s under bezel diagnostics → configuration. Lists my vehicle as a “Non Hybrid/PHEV”, fuel type diesel, no vehicle weight, etc. However when I plug into FORScan it reads everything as it should be for my vehicle and for all intents and purposes the vehicle performs correctly. I even have the PHEV energy flow screen available within SYNC.

(I have also re-flashed my factory as built and it’s still like this)

Some pics:

I have the same thing on my 2015 F-150 Platinum FX4 with Sync 3. This was discussed on F150Forum, FFClub, and others. Everyone has a Ford Fusion! (Pic 3)

This is the base software/firmware values for Sync and then everything is valued from there. Remember, there is one install file for all. The pics are older, but applicable.

These are indeed the default values for the APIM software.

1 Like

But that’s after the process we perform outside Ford’s support, right?
I wonder if formatting or some phase of the process actually defaults everything to the single installation configuration…

Interesting. Thanks for checking into that. I’m not worried since my car still functions like it’s supposed to. This page seems to have nothing to do with the actual configuration; especially if everyone else is reporting the same.

See your PM shortly.

Hello everyone, I upgraded to 3.4 20196 but I cant see logos.
I downgrade to 3.3 and upgrade again but the problem continues.
Could you help me please?

My car is a Kuga 2019.

Regards