Sync 3.4.20196 - Feedback & Issues

what is your region?

Hi Cyanlabs, EU, Spain.

Regards

DAB logos? you might need to turn off ā€œEnhanced DABā€ or upgrade your APIM Firmware.

Thanks by the response.
Not DAB logos, FM logos in my case.

Regards

Please still try with Enhanced DAB off it on (asbuilt) or on if off.

Hello, My ford kuga was in 3.4.20136 and f8 I have automatically updated with the maps. This update keeps repeating. once finished it asks to remove the usb key but asks for it again and starts again from the beginning it is 3 times in a row. and in addition everything is in English in the car. How to be in French please? and how to stop this or return to the original state? thank you

Follow the guide, Remove the USB at the green screen and do not re-insert the USB, instead Master Reset, Settings > General > Master Reset.

Now you are fully working :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you Iā€™ll test the next time because there it is again in progress ā€¦

Hi again CyanLabs, in DAB mode the logos dont work either.
But I believe that with the version 20136 works fine. FM doesnt work in version 20196 or 20136.
I dont understand like disable the Enhanced DAB.

Regards

Disable enhanced DAB in ForScan.

Hello, I still cannot update from 20136 to 20196, insert the usb and it appears updating me, I left it for 50 minutes and nothing, what can it be?

Thanks, I will check It!

Regards

everything seems to be working perfectly. there are quite a few little details and additional options. I really appreciate this update. thank you very much to you for making this possible!

I upgrade from Sync 3.4 20136 with F8 maps to Sync 3.4 20196 with F9 maps and everything worked perfectly after the master reset, including FM logos in my case since I live in Spain. It happens to me that some FM radio station loses the logo, why could it be happening? Previously that lost logo appeared without problems.

Updating from the latest stock 3.0 version to the newest 3.4 went smoothly, except I have this new issue with not being able to browse folders or songs on my usb drive while driving when I could on 3.0. Getting a for your safety message. Any work around for this?

I also have a new seek issue when using usb or cd player. The steering wheel controls and the touch screen button works like it should: pressing the next track seek button once goes to the next song. Pressing the physical seek button on the dash/console, it jumps 2 songs at a time. Goes to next song for less than a second then goes to the following song and starts playing. All 3 options for back seek work fine; 1 track/song at a time.

Iā€™ve tried rebooting using power button & next button multiple timesā€¦

No work around and if there was one I wouldnā€™t share it publically I personally think itā€™s stupid browsing folders while driving and clearly ford did also hence why it was locked down.

The seek issue is known for certain vehicles

I also installed the 3.4 20196 via Syn3 Updater. According to a statement by a friend, my problem with the parking assistant camera comes from a software error. Does anyone else have a similar problem with the current software?

How can I update from 20136 to 20196 without using the app. I downloaded the latest version but it crashes about half way through downloading the files. Can someone assist me in doing the update manually? I mean I can download the files and the .lst but donā€™t know about the auto instal portion.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I completely agree with you about browsing while driving. For us, using the Expedition as a family hauler and road trip vehicle, itā€™s the passenger playing DJ, taking requests from the kids. Much easier to find songs in folders and being able to browse.

Regardless, thanks for all that you do. Love the update over 3.0 and how easy youā€™ve made it!

This is by design as Ford and other manufacturers are implementing safety guidelines established by NHTSA, etc. Use voice commands, they do work well as long as you know what to say. There is some info on this at Ford Owner website. There is no known solution in FORScan, etc., as this is built into the software.