Sync 3.4.20196 - Feedback & Issues

I understand the safety issue for distracted driving. Nice when the passenger can play DJ though. Thanks for the tip on voice commands. Will give them a try.

I agree but determining if itā€™s the passenger or not is not possible for the software to do unfortunately. so we have to have this compromise

1 Like

Just use voice. Easy,and better with 20196. Push button, wait for beep, then just say browse and what you want. So an example would be browse rock music or browse michael jackson. Same as play feature. Once you get the hang of it just turn on advanced mode in the settings and then even less prompts happen. It still have limited scroll once it opens the browse menu but better than nothing like the manual browse button allows. Just make sure your tags are good.

Hi,

Yesterday i upgraded my sync 3.0 without nav to 3.4 with full reformat. Everything works fine, but i have issues with dimming and camera brightness. When i set B in APIM 7D01-01-01 - xXxx, all the time i vae blue mode (which is for night as i noticed), SYNC dimming not working, auto switching day/night dont works too, when i manually press the button for dimming, clusters dimm great but sync stays at same birghtness level. Changing Brightness in sync settings too didnt change anything.
When i input A for illumination strategy, dimming works correctly both for sync and clusters, but the biggest issue is when i put in Reverse, camera popups and i have dimmed view, i can barely see input from camera. Is there any settigns or chances for illumination strategy A and camera always at standard brightness?

Blue mode is standard for all themes (night and day)

Rly? When i switch to A and sensor figured out its day, the background went white, an blue buttons, when night, all blue and dimming working.

Is there any way to have dimming working even with the blue blue theme and B settings for illumination?

To clarify the background is white on the day theme but the Blue remains for the buttons.

First time trying this.
I have version 3.0.1925
Upgrading to the latest build.

2017 Lincoln Continental
Do I need to leave the engine running, or can I just have the ignition in the accessory mode?
Thanks
Terry

Yes exacly, but when i set B, my theme all the time has blue background and dimming not working. When i set A, bakcground act perfect but reverse camera brightness ia very low, almost i can barely see :slightly_smiling_face:

Second thing, which was mention earlier, when i switch nex track using button under sync it forwards 2 tracks, usb and spotify, buttons on driver wheel works correct.

Any advice? Maybe i need to update apim calibration files?

If you are upgrading to 3.4 with maps, the process will take about 30 minites-ish. You can leave the engine running, or go for a drive. Just having the ignition on alone, the car will time out in 10 minutes and shut down.

The 2 track skip is a bug in 20196.

Dimming is disabled in the daytime. Dimming is now dependent on the car illumination control. If you set your Sync system to night mode at all times, the only time you will have dimming enabled is when the vehicle illumination is in night mode. Meaning you are driving at night.

Firmware will not fix the issue. Can you post a photo of the camera screen too dark?

On the top photo there is effect i like and would have in 3.4.20196, so when i put A in 7D01 auto dimming, day/night switching, manual dimming from button near light switch works perfect, but when i put Reverse my camera video is darker, no matter if day or night, only when i turn light to 0 i get the same output as in option B, and my desire.

But when i put B in 7D01, camera video is good, but all time i have night mode, no matter when light switch is manual or auto. Dimming from manual button not working and in the day sync display should have more brightness.

Anyway i downgrade to 3.4.19101 and put A in 7D01 and everything works correct, when i put reverse video have good brightness, auto dimming, manual dimming, works fine, tommorow i will figure out if the day mode will get automaticlly, cuz i made downgrade at night.

Ad. In real video from camera when i have problem is much darker than on photo, my phone just used night mode and on photo it doesnā€™t look so bad, but in daily usage it boders me.

Comparing 3.4.20196 vs 3.4.19101 for me there is one disadvantage, theres no FM logo, but for the 95% of my car usage i use BT audio, even 19101 for me right now is better, because switching songs from button under sync works correct and i have directions on my instruments, so itā€™s 2:1 for 19101, and there where no USB error, AA is working good :slight_smile:

PS. which version of 3.4 have radio logos? 3.4.2XX and above? And from what i read, USB issues where on all version of 3.4.2XX until itā€™f fixed in 3.4.20196?

All versions of 3.4 have logos. I think there is something misconfigured in your APIM asbuilt maybe causing these issues.

@Louage maybe can input some wisdom about illumination issues with EU vehicles?

I think this is a mondeo, which Iā€™m not aware of anyone reporting illumination issues with. Usually it is flickering on the Focus mk3/Kuga.

If you want radio logos and configurable dimming settings as you have in 19101, follow the firmware update guide on this forum as it will fix your radio logos being disabled. Also, there is illumination gateway firmware updates available that may improve the issues you are seeing.

You are best consulting with your own local mondeo forums about illumination issues, illumination data comes from various places on different vehicles (bcm, ipc) so there may be config changes that will help your situation.

1 Like

Thx for replies, iā€™m driving EU Mondeo Hybrid 2016. I upgraded from 3.0 to 3.4 using automatic method from this site, it reformatted my sync, i donā€™t have navigation, so upgrade took 10 minutes :slight_smile: And as I said, there where problem so for on newest version. For now itā€™s ok for me to use 3.4.19101, because everything works like on 3.0 and i have navigation instructions from AA on my clusters.

Speaking about asbuilt, i restored original asbuilt (i added rear camera on my own, but camera is original from fusion, spend some time trying different asbuilt values, and it didnā€™t change anything, always camera gets darker. Maybe next upgrade which will come eventually fixing 2 tracks skip also will fix this issue for me :slight_smile:

Thx for responses :slight_smile:

Then the problem only occurs with APIMs that may have been flashed on? We downgraded my APIM yesterday and the display worked there, after the update the error was there again.

Guys can we keep this post specifically for reporting issues with 20196, the idea was people could come to this thread to post what issues they experience, if your issue happens on other version also this is not the correct place to post.

Lol!..BANNED!!.. But if you survive, it will take 15 minutes.

User avdonr answered your question above 11 days agoā€¦:

Already answered above half a month ago. Keep in mind you are also asking for other peoples help and we have have no obligation towards you. Everyone on here is using this forum on their own free time and will. Youā€™ll get nowhere with replies of this nature. Perhaps read before posting.

1 Like