Sync 3.4.20237 - Feedback & Issues

Nope otherwise i would have said, it’s been discussed in the forum previously though.

Actually, i believe it was this

1 Like

7D0-01-02: 82FE 4016 C272 looks like good… here a screenshot from the APIM

Anybody having issues with their GPS time resetting itself to 12:00 on each startup? I have had this issue since 20196. It causes an error with Android Auto (error 8, something about time zones). I have a 2017 Focus ST USDM with Factory Sync 3, running latest build 20237 with the APIM Firmware Updated to match a Sync 3.3 APIM unit. Already did a couple master resets within the system, I am going to try messing around with the AsBuilt data next. If I figure it out, I’ll reply to my comment here.

Did this happen only once you went to 20237? I have had a similar issue where my GPS navigation is working fine, but the internal clock will keep resetting itself to 12:00 every time I turn on the car. Been a problem since 20196 for me. I’ll try a reformat install, master reset, and reset the GPS module to see if this fixes my issue.

What are your values for 7D0-01-01 xx** xxxx xxxx? (Value of the asterisk)

Extended Play (EP), Extended Play Time (EPT), Clock Master (CM), 10 Minute Clock (MC), CAN Steering Wheel Control Switches (SWC)

This will be the entry to change if needed.

Attached is an explanation of the Master Clock system in Ford/Lincoln vehicles.

Ford Master Clock.pdf (298.8 KB)

1 Like

F150chief is correct as ever, your Focus should be set to 68 for this field.

If you have a GPSM showing up in forscan, then your vehicle was not fitted with sync 3 from factory. This was for Sync 2, and someone has incorrectly set your clock master.

2 Likes

2020 F-250 upgraded from 20196 to 20237. GPS functioning fine, no issues to report. Thanks Cyanlabs for your program, everything went smooth!

1 Like

Looks like the value is set to 28. @Louage, so I should go ahead and switch this to 68? When I pull my factory AsBuilt, it looks as if this is set to 28 in that .ab file as well.

28 and 68 difference is the amount of time the radio stays on, 20 min vs 60 min, when you push the power button with the ignition off. Basically the same otherwise.

Set it to 68, master reset the APIM, shut down the car completely, let simmer for 15-30 minutes, then start the car, ignition and motor running. See what that does. The BCM needs to pick up the change, hopefully, without doing a reset on the BCM.

Unfortunately doing this alone didn’t make a change. I poked around a little bit within the AsBuilt and I noticed that my Region was set to 5753 instead of 5553, so I set it to 5553 for US and now it seems to be working, albeit intermittently. It will still boot up and show 12:00, but eventually it seems to be able to correct itself to the right time. Some sort of latency talking to the GPS? I have kind of always had weird quirks with this APIM ever since I purchased the car brand new, so who knows… anyways thanks for your assistance!

That’s a change to enable nav in motion. It causes other issues.

If you still have a GPSM attached in the car, unplug it and see if it resolves the issue. If it does, there is a contention between it and the APIM for time. Otherwise just leave it connected. It should be just under the dash at the top.

1 Like

Hello,

after the update i also have the problem that the display shows that no GPS is available.
But the navigation itself works fine and without problems.

My car is a 2019 Ford Kuga and my sync has been officially updated to 3.4.

If I want to downgrade to version 20196, should I do a complete reformat or just the app file itself?

Best regards
Marcel

So change it to 0 if it’s 1 and 1 if it’s 0 seems to work backwards depending on sync version

ha that would to easy… no funktion sorry… i´ll check with the ucds next time the firmware of components. Send feedback if cam will work

The clock master setting obtains the clock time from your BCM not gps, other explanations could be a low battery or incorrect BCM setting?

1 Like

pretty confident others with the same issue as you have fixed it by flipping that bit? maybe i’m wrong i haven’t stayed up to date on the posts on this forum in a while as had other stuff going on.

1 Like

OK I’ll keep that in mind and try this if it happens again. I hopped in the car earlier today and the clock was correct upon first start, so maybe it’s fixed now?

I see, could be something with the BCM then. Either way, it’s looking to be working without issue now.

The APIM and BCM finally sync’d. It will probably be ok now.

1 Like