Sync 3.4.20237 - Feedback & Issues

Syncupdater works fine for the 3.4.20237 version. It went all well for my Kuga within 20 minutes with only power on. No bugs sofar as far as I noticed. Android auto will not start automaticly, but it was also an issue with the older sync versions. I use a Galaxy S8+ with Android pie.

It can! With me no problem! Are the settings in your configuration screen adjusted?!

Hello,

I just updated my Sync 3 19205 Mondeo to 3.4.20237. Iā€™v noticed a problem with applink over BT. My setting applink over bluetooth is grey. I canā€™t change this to on position. Over cable everything is ok and setting is avible to make it on. Strange.

What do you mean by applink? Do you mean CarPlay? If so this is not available over Bluetooth.

1 Like

Sorry for my english. I mean eg Ford Pass over BT setting in SYNC is grey. Sometime is avible. In 3.0 it was avible to set in possition on and off, never gray and inactive.

Ah, right. Sorry I donā€™t have the Ford Pass app so I canā€™t offer any assistance. Iā€™m sure someone will be along shortly.

1 Like

Some mp3 artwork (thumb drive) did not display in 20196. It now seems to display them all properly in 20237. I do master reset after all sync upgrades.

You need to turn on automatic updates and agree to send vehicle info to FordPass for this to work. The adjustments are in the Settings menu.

1 Like

I noticed that a while ago and decided to turn off Gracenotes, which fixed the issue.

You mean ANZā€¦As long as your APIM will have enough storage, you can. However, this is technically changing regions, and CyanLabs does not support that.

You can use the updater to load the new version and ROW maps and voice. You will need to change the region info in the APIM.

A good tutorial to read is Archive: EU Maps to US Car (3.4 Sync, F9 Maps), although not exactly what you want to do, it has the steps you should follow.

Installed Sync 3.4.20237 on my 2020 Focus Active (MY21) today, using Syn3Updater and the ā€˜autoinstallā€™ method. Initially after the master reset there was no GPS signal, but after leaving the car alone for a couple of hours there appears to be normal GPS reception again. So far everything works as normal and no issues. Will keep an eye on the navigation and the GPS signal, but happy for nowā€¦

1 Like

Hello, iĀ“ve a problem with the 3.4.20237, the front camera donĀ“t work. IĀ“ve check with forscan the config and the frontcamera is activeded but if i press the buttom no reaction come up. If i drive and press the buttom than come the error message ā€œcamarea is disable if you driveā€. Is anyone here with a idea? By the way, the car is a Ford Smax 2017 with a sync 3.
Thanks for the feedback

i seem to recall needing to swap a value in the AsBuilt to solve this on 20196 and presumably 20237

and do you remember what is exactly to do ?

Nope otherwise i would have said, itā€™s been discussed in the forum previously though.

Actually, i believe it was this

1 Like

7D0-01-02: 82FE 4016 C272 looks like goodā€¦ here a screenshot from the APIM

Anybody having issues with their GPS time resetting itself to 12:00 on each startup? I have had this issue since 20196. It causes an error with Android Auto (error 8, something about time zones). I have a 2017 Focus ST USDM with Factory Sync 3, running latest build 20237 with the APIM Firmware Updated to match a Sync 3.3 APIM unit. Already did a couple master resets within the system, I am going to try messing around with the AsBuilt data next. If I figure it out, Iā€™ll reply to my comment here.

Did this happen only once you went to 20237? I have had a similar issue where my GPS navigation is working fine, but the internal clock will keep resetting itself to 12:00 every time I turn on the car. Been a problem since 20196 for me. Iā€™ll try a reformat install, master reset, and reset the GPS module to see if this fixes my issue.

What are your values for 7D0-01-01 xx** xxxx xxxx? (Value of the asterisk)

Extended Play (EP), Extended Play Time (EPT), Clock Master (CM), 10 Minute Clock (MC), CAN Steering Wheel Control Switches (SWC)

This will be the entry to change if needed.

Attached is an explanation of the Master Clock system in Ford/Lincoln vehicles.

Ford Master Clock.pdf (298.8 KB)

1 Like