Sync 3.4.20237 - Feedback & Issues

Installed on my 2018 Full Hybrid Mondeo (MY15 / MK5 IIRC). No problem here (that I found at least).

Hi, Iā€™m running 20196 on my 2018 Ford Fusion with NAV, F9 maps ANZ. (Brazil) without any issues, except for Waze/Gmaps navigation not showing the remaining distance in dash LCD screen, but everything else works fine.

Is it worth updating to 20237? What are the new features over 20196? I understand itā€™s a minor update. Is the dash LCD screen issue corrected?

Interesting find with running 20237 on newer APIMs. I have a 2018 APIM and GPS works flawlessly running 20237 for me. Ford is eventually going to roll out one of these newer builds to the public so they Iā€™m assuming they will fix the GPS issue in a newer build (if it really is a widespread issue on newer APIMs).

As far as we can tell 20237 is simply a bug fix update over 20196. No noticeable new features. There have been reports of a new CPU governor but I think this only applies to newer APIMs (2019+).

1 Like

I have an APIM manufactured in 2019 for a '20 model year Fusion. How do people discover specifics like that, that is, a CPU governor that only is enabled / controlled in a new s/w release ?

Not entirely sure. Havenā€™t really looked much into inspecting packages myself, but Iā€™m assuming this would be something in the kernel.

Okay, this is an odd oneā€¦ Just updated our '14 Fusion to 20237 this afternoon (I installed a 2020 APIM in it). Once it was completed, I did a master reset. As most know, this removes any linked phones, etc, etc so I went to add some back. When the BT search started, it showed the name as ā€œFord F150ā€ ! Iā€™ll take a picture if anyone wants proof. :grin: I know this is a setting I can change with FORScan but itā€™s not one Iā€™ve ever touched.

Why would this happen ? The SYNC software doesnā€™t touch the as-built values, does it ?

1 Like

Initial impression is everything seems Ok on my MY2020 Explorer. GPS works fine. No noticeable changes from 20196

Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

from 3.0? if so the values for the BT names likely changed in the new builds of 3.x

i havenā€™t checked in this instance but usually things like this are detected in the startup_gf.sh file

1 Like

seen a few people report this, even had some emails saying the same, seems to be limited and unsure on what exact similarities between cases.

Nope, I bought an APIM out of a 2020 model and it already had Sync 3.4. I donā€™t recall the version but maybe ended in ā€œ05ā€, like 20105. Doesnā€™t matter anyway because I updated it to 20196 the same night and all was fine. The BT name was ā€œFord Fusionā€ like it should be. Only after updating to this build did it change. The as-built value was ā€œOEā€ which corresponds to ā€œFord F150ā€ too.

Wasnā€™t this caused by the change you made for the CD player and forcing the write to OEFF?

Updated my 2016 Ecoboost Mustang today to 3.4.20237. Everything seems to work great. I noticed thereā€™s now album artwork (Gracenote powered?) available on FM and SiriusXM, which is a welcome addition. However, the artwork isnā€™t appearing and only shows a placeholder. The artwork also doesnā€™t appear when playing a CD (Heavier Things by John Mayer).

I have Gracenote installed, as the version number is showing up in the settings. Itā€™s just not showing up anywhere. Do I need to enable this using FORSCAN? Is there a hidden menu somewhere? I remember in Sync 3.0 there was a Media Player option in Settings that controlled Gracenote, but it appears to be gone in Sync 3.4.

Dang, youā€™ve got a good memory ! My wife and my phone were already ā€œlinkedā€ so it didnā€™t impact them connecting after I made the change either. Now I wonder if the CD button has returned ! :grinning:

Good afternoon to the whole community!

I upgraded to 3.4.20237 without any hitch.

Suddenly I didnā€™t notice anything. What are the differences?

Hug to all of Portugal.

I still donā€™t have the radio station logos.

Is it possible to have?

my ford import from AUZ Zone ,
can syn3updater update to ROW Zone ( i live in Thailand )

1 Like