Sync 3.4.20237 - Feedback & Issues

The file is wrong, I have downloaded the tool from Ford for a 2020 Puma and the Interrogator tool has produced an XML File.

Your files do not have autoinstall in the LST and the files to look for are incorrect.

The Lst file should show

; SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.4.43 - Only for Nav/EU assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = GB5T-14G386-AC
Open1 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AC.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall,Delay,Include,Transaction

And in the SyncMyRide folder it should show

Decoded_OBL
GB5T-14G386-AB.sh (Not AC)
GB5T-14G386-AC.tar
utloggingutillity
Version

Worked within Seconds.

Hope this works for everyone :grinning: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

The Guy that sold me the APIM sent me the ABT files to update the APIM and ACM, so i would love to say what has been changed but i don’t really know.

I can take a screenshoot of the Forscan settings before and after if you like to see what codes have changed.

You do not unzip the files into the SyncMyRide folder. The SyncMyRide folder should contain the utility file only. Since there is no installation, the autoinstall file is not needed. You needed to add it so the script could run in this manner.

I tried without unzipping and still got LST_ERR05.
I also tried the genuine Ford AB file without unzipping and got LST_ERR05.
Then when I unzipped the original Ford version (AB) I got LST_ERR04.
I tried the Cyanlabs AB and AC zipped and unzipped and got LST_ERR05
Finally after downloading and unzipping the Puma 2020 (designed for 3.4) file, it worked.
I don’t know if the auto install part of the LST helped or not, but I believe the files in the Folder were wrong.
Anyway I’m happy now, all sorted.

LST_ERR04 – Error is LST_ERR_NO_SECTION
This shows an error in the expected file execution.
LST_ERR05 – Error is LST_PKG_FILE_NOT_FOUND
This shows an error in finding the file on the USB.

All the files originate from the same place, Ford IVSU servers. The files are tagged with date code on the file title, and hash values. There are no differences in the files if these 2 parameters are true.

However, it would not be surprising if Ford changed something in the MY2020 firmware/hardware that may cause an issue. I am sure if this is the case we will find out soon.

1 Like

The process and file @F150Chief posted up is correct, unzipping the file is not. What file were you presented with when you got the MY2020 puma download?

For reference on the asbuilt, my guess would be the amplifier type asbuilt was the one that fixed it. It would be useful to see a before and after.

I will provide a before and after abs soon as I can. One thing I have seen I believe another person on here mentioning their radio didn’t mute during a phone conversation, this was not an issue either before or after chant the settings, but could be a similar problem. The only issue I had was when Sync was reading a text the radio wouldn’t mute, but now all ok. I also think the update to the ACM is what finally fixed it. I will check.

There are 3 differences I can see between the AC file from Cyanlabs and the AC file from Ford. I have not delved into the actual file properly though.

1. The LST file had a different heading ( don’t think that does anything but I am not as good at this as you guys)
  2. The LST file adds auto install to options
  3. In the folder, I can’t remember which way round it is but Cyanlabs version asks says open the AC file then I think run the AC file. The Ford version says open the AB file then run the AC file. Or could be the other way around. But line 2 is AB and line 3 is AC if that helps.

I’m sorry because the new kuga year 2020 my20 by switching to version 3.4 20237 tells me no gps with the symbol, also by doing a reset nothing how is it possible to solve it … thanks

Installed version 3.4.20237 ANZ, from 3.4.20196, using Sync3Updater.
Selected to keep existing maps and de-selected instalations of Gracenotes and Voice, as they were the same versions I already had.
Took just a few minutes and everything is running with no issues.
My car is an EscoSport Titanium 2.0, model 2018, from Brazil.

Any update about making Sync 3 to play videos, using just a pen drive to make the necessary modifications as mentioned some time ago?

This issue is documented throughout this thread as a bug in 3.4.20237.
GPS fix returns straight away on downgrading back to 20196.

hello … ok then you tell me to go back to the previous version 20196 and not install the 20237

Just install 3.4.20196 using the Syn3 Updater.

Yes.

@CyanLabs I have installed version 3.4.20237, from 3.4.20196 I kept the existing maps (EU/09/2020). The process took about 20 minutes so not long at all. 2018 Focus Focus MK3.5.

Initially, I thought it seemed more responsive and faster, however even after a master reset it now appears to be laggy and slow I have been using it for about a week now. I am finding that google maps is using the GPS in the phone which is causing the GPS positioning to go all over the place when the phone is placed in the centre console.

Any thoughts?

Google maps always has used the phone GPS as far as i know, as for it being slow, i will need a lot more information, what exactly is slow?

From what I understood Waze used only the phone GPS but Google Maps used the car GPS if Sat Nav was installed. My built in Sat Nav is working fine.

When I say slow, the google voice and speech is very slow and registering what has been said or just hanging even though I have asked a command. THis is while the phone is connected etc.

That sounds like poor phone signal/WiFi and not an issue with sync, you are using your phone to issue that command and slowness is not a sync issue

2 Likes

TBH i have the same issue on 20196, i think its a recent Android Auto update that has caused it

I have two phones ones a Samsung and the other an LG and both are the same. Sometimes I just get a black screen.