Sync 3.4.20237 - Feedback & Issues

When I bought it it was already 3.4 with 19200 and F8 maps. I have since run the tool on here successfully to update it to 20196 and F9 maps

i have black screen issues more with my currently fitted MY17 model APIM compared to my MY18.5 APIM that i did have connected but temporarily don’t for personal reasons.

I think that the older units have issues similar to this due to less processing power available, or storage, than the newer models (MY18.5 and above.). My test model, a 2016 unit, exhibits slow map loads and sluggishness whereas the newer 2019 model APIM just handles these processes without issues. There are differences as the years go by in these units which Ford, or the manufacturer, does not reveal. Therefore, different model years may exhibit different behaviors with the same tasks, just as any evolving technology. Also, the earlier models, pre-MY18.5, were not designed for the advanced features found in the latest software revisions, and the firmware in those units may not even support these features. When upgrading older units to the new software, it must be understood that there will be trade offs in doing so.

I would say that it already had Sync version 3.3 (or so) on it from the factory originally. I am not familiar with the EU map loading time from start, but the NA maps sometimes take 40-60 seconds to load completely.

Thanks I have done this already my maps now show 20194Q

Thanks…

One functiolity on Ford Ranger XLT D/cab is there is not voice command functionality. My car have voice funcnility over every aspect except except my maps, is this normal?
My Region is ROW South Africa.

For ROW, this is normal.

Hello,

I updated the SYNC yesterday of my FOCUS RS MK3 from June 18. It took around an hour. Everything is fine. I even got the radio logo now (few week ago I activated them via forscan but they were disappearing after a restart).

2 Likes

So a quick update, My 3.4 20237 update was a Sync Upgrade from Sync 2 to Sync 3 in a 2015 Mondeo.
Everything works except the Interrogator tool. I have also updated my wifes Fiesta which originally had Sync 3.3 Installed, and this also does not allow the Interrogator tool to work.

But The USB does work in all my colleages cars at work including a 2020 Ford Puma that has a Ford supplied 3.4 Update. and generates an xml log file within a matter of minutes.

My Wifes Fiesta has also been back to Ford for a Warranty fix on a leaking boot seal, and while there Ford did a full module check. All have updated on ETIS as being checked except the APIM which shows it has not been checked since last year.

Nothing was said about the update, but then how many ford techs would actually know?

So I believe somethin in th Cyanlabs upgrade/update is not allowing the tool to work.

Any ideas?

This is simply not possible, any modification to update packages will result in SIGN_ERRXX there is no issue my end.

Please note there are 3 logging utilities, which have superceded the previous

It can’t be the usb, it works in other cars.
Just as a last resort, is it possible to add the interrogator tool in the same way you have designed the Sync 3 update which downloads everything including the LST file and do not index file onto the usb?

I would like to say I’m really happy with 3.4 the look is so much better than my rubbish Sync 2 system and a big improvement over my wife’s 3.3

I have notice the no GPS symbol on my wife’s car a couple of times but she barely uses her car at the minute and I believe the battery was low, we have not seen that symbol since I charged the battery.

it’s on my long list of ToDo’s :wink:

:+1: look forward to it

Run the -AC version of the APIM Utility tool separately for Sync 3.2+.

1 Like

First time I’ve noticed but today I had a text message come through and I clicked listen. The message played but the radio did not mute. Is this a fault?

If using CP or AA, this happens because it’s up to the phone to mute the music. Not a Sync fault.

The APIM needed a setting changed. All fixed now thank you

What setting was it?