Sync 3.4.20237 - Feedback & Issues

Sounds like a hardware issue. Do you have an ODBII adapter and FORScan ? If so, see if there’s DTCs (error codes) related to the module that those sensors talk to.

1 Like

I think this is coincidental. Check your wiring and grounds in the hatch area on your 2018 fiesta. Also, as @hallstevenson says, check for DTC’s, as these will point you in the direction of the fault.

1 Like

Hi everyone Hope you can Help

I have Installed the latest version of Sync 3.4 and latest Maps upgraded all hardware from Sync 2 Everything working OK

I wanted to check how much space is left on my APIM so I have dowloaded the new and old data logger and used the original do notindex and auto install lst files from the 3.4 upgrade, but I keep getting LST_Err005

I have also tried the files from ford to see if they work, which unfortunately they dont.
Just to check if the files were ok i tried it in a Ford Fiestawith 3.3 and it generated a log file no problem.
Is there anything else I can try
Thanks

LST_ERR05 – Error is LST_PKG_FILE_NOT_FOUND

Use the new file for Sync 3.4, GB5T-14G386-AC_1587495565000.TAR.GZ

and copy and paste this into the autoinstall.lst.

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = GB5T-14G386-AC_1587495565000.TAR.GZ
Open1 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AC_1587495565000.TAR.GZ
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction

Place GB5T-14G386-AC_1587495565000.TAR.GZ in SyncMyRide folder on usb, copy autoinstall.lst to root of usb. You don’t need to do not index file, really.

Hi, is it possible to browse on the screen music files on USB stick when driving on this build or only voice commands are available?

Browsing usb has been disabled for a while. Voice commands are available.

1 Like

Hi I’ve tried this a few times with different usb sticks, still can’t get it to work. I formatted the usb to exFat, I edit the LST file as advised, I unzipped the files onto the usb but I stil can’t get this to work LST_ERR05.

Any advise?

Do not unzip files. You should have GB5T-14G386-AC_1587495565000.TAR.GZ in the SyncMyRide folder as is.

Disconnect your battery for 10 min and then reconnect it .

good morning … but for the new kuga my20 with the latest version 3.4 the 20237 many have the problem of the gps symbol you know something … thanks

Everything works fine in this version with Android Auto and Apple carplay.
I tested the Sygic GPS software connected to Sync 3, and it also works very well.
Great for those who need offline gps software.

Just updated my Fiesta MK8 2018, EU with navigation.
Took about 1h and works just fine!
Used Ford updater app.
Thanks!

1 Like

I can say the black frozen screens I was seeing before when leaving a Pixel3 connected while turning off/on the car are over. At least it hasn’t happened since I updated, so that’s a great thing. Definitely still have issues with zero audio when answering a call while AA is connected. Disconnecting USB to Sync3, causes phone to switch to just bluetooth (still connected to Sync3) and works just fine.

i’m on 20196 and i get these black screens all the time when i plug in my p20 pro as I did with my version before 20196. I have to unplug and plug it back in for it to load android auto properly. Do we reckon this is something they fixed in 20237? Going to have to update now to find out :slight_smile:

As mentioned multiple times in this thread and other threads from what i understand this is an issue with Android Auto not SYNC.

I’ve had 20237 on my 2019 expy for about two weeks now, and in that time I haven’t had the black screen issues. But I am running on a Pixel 3 so AA may or may not be the same version, the pixels often get updates a little sooner. My AA version on pixel3 is 5.8.604354. So far for me it appears to have fixed that issue, but still having the phone call audio issues I’ve had for about a year (even prior to 3.4).

Yeah I’m on the same version of AA as you. Will give 20237 a bash and see what happens. If it’s not SYNC, then I don’t understand why everytime I plug my phone in, it just hangs on a black screen, disconnect and reconnect and loads fine. Very frustrating. With phone not plugged in, Does anyone else find their Sync slow to load Maps on start up? I can be 2 mins down the road before it’s fully loaded and then navigate a destination.

I assume that the Sync 3 unit in your 2015 Mondeo is a retrofit? What year is the Sync unit?

Hi F150. Correct it is, I purchased it secondhand in October 2019. It came from a crashed mondeo and I didn’t find out what year it was unfortunately.

Have you ever run the reformatter on the unit? What version and what maps?