Sync 3.4.20282 - Feedback & Issues

Thanks for the info F150chief. I tried the reformat install before but it got stuck on “generating reformat” for a full day during the process, at which point I gave up. I’ll try again but is that normal?

No, sometimes it happens, just try again and usually it works.

Here we are again!
Succesfully did the upgrade from 3.4.19274 → 3.4.20282
Unfortunately everything ran fine, BUT i came to the same problems descibed in this post:

a.k.a. ALL the voice commands to set a destination (Home, city, POI, favorites, previous dest etc) NOT working. System responds in voice saying : “The navigation is still loading. Please try again later”
Other commands not dealing with setting a destination (eg zoom in, show map, cancel route etc) do work.

Performing system reset did not help.

So I think either I stay with 20282 or revert to 19274 which is proven to work.

Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance
Cris

Reload your Nav Voice files. There is a procedure in the tutorial section.

10 posts were split to a new topic: Issue with Update

2 posts were split to a new topic: APIM Master Clock and Nav Issues Updating to Sync 3.4

Sorry for the stupid question. As I was not able to locate the procedure, could you provide me the link???

Thanks in advance
Cris

I misunderstood the issue. Back in the original thread posted above was the answer about the NAV Voice issue. The procedure was to downgrade to 3.4.19052 and then upgrade to the desired version.

Try to downgrade to the version you were on previously (3.4.19274) and see if the NAV Voice works. If this works then try to upgrade again.

I was chatting with a Ford representative about album art on siriusxm, and they said they have removed the art for all vehicles, since it takes a lot of processor speed to organize all of the art for each channel on this version.

1 Like

Hello, I live in China too, I wondering if you select the option “keeping existing maps” or “1.19” in the tool, because the tools says that if your car is macufacted in 2020 , the reformed mode will brick the sync module ,and should only use the option “keeping the existing map”. Thanks for advise.

If you have a 2020 vehicle then you must select “keep existing maps”. Do NOT select maps to install, this will brick your unit like the warning states.

1 Like

Hello, I live in China too and the same car as you, I wondering if you select the option “keeping existing maps” or “1.19” in the tool, because the tools says that if your car is macufacted in 2020 , the reformatting mode will brick the sync module ,and should only use the option “keeping the existing map”. So which choice do you choose . Thanks for advise.

Thanks for advise! I will try it later use the option “keeping existing maps”.

Disappointing but at least they acknowledged it !

1 Like

if you have activated the steering wheel controls and heated seats with forscan, it will always go to the home screen for safety reasons so as not to distract from driving. This happened to me when I activated those two commands on the sync screen. 3.4. I hope I was helpful. sorry for my english i write from italy.

FYI - This has been the behavior in all Sync 3.0 thru 3.4 versions.

6 posts were split to a new topic: SiriusXM Album Art/Logos in 3.4.20282

Just updated tonight from 3.0 to 3.4 20282 in my 2018 Edge Sport. All went well and everything seems to work. I do have a couple of things regarding feedback/question. I have NAV and it shows the latest maps installed. When I look at the APIM settings I see the Country code is WS and Language is English (UK). Being in North America, specifically Canada, are there any changes I need to make?

hi

i am currently running build 20196 in which you can browse usb stick can someone confirm this feature has gone or can you still browse when stationary

thanks

yes you can browse while stationary still, this is the most stable build in a longtime

1 Like