Sync 3.4.20282 - Feedback & Issues

For each new release a specific thread will be created, please use this thread to post any feedback or issues you have noticed for the corresponding release.

To update using Syn3 Updater do this

ANY COMMENT POSTED NOT DIRECTLY RELATING TO FEEDBACK AND/OR ISSUES FOR SYNC 3.4.20282 WILL BE SPLIT TO A SEPARATE TOPIC! PLEASE CREATE A NEW THREAD IF YOUR ISSUE IS NOT SPECIFIC TO THIS TOPIC!

6 Likes

any major different from 237?

We don’t know that’s what this thread is for :joy:

7 Likes

Wil try tomorrow let you now then.

If you just wish to install the update on its own (ie not upgrading any other packages), download the file and save to the SyncMyRide folder and use this in an autoinstall.lst:

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = APP - 5U5T-14G381-EK_1606255141000.TAR.GZ
Open1 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G381-EK_1606255141000.TAR.GZ
Options = AutoInstall

4 Likes

Some analysis from another board indicates various unknown changes, one is a GPS related file so this may fix the ‘No GPS’ errors various people have mentioned.

1 Like

From FFClub discussions:

…confirm that on the latest version of the bug with a jump on 2 tracks fixed.

3 Likes

How about browsing USB while driving? Still only voice commands or also screen browsing available?

Ford is not the only manufacturer that has blocked this, and many other things. Ford and others are following the NHTSA, ETSC, and other guidelines and regulations passed by local governments to reduce driver distraction. This is a discussion for your local government representative.

Hi! Just updated from 20237.

Overall appears to be the same, however there is one thing to mention:

I didn’t have Climate controls on 3.0, and they showed up with 3.4, until 20237. Now they disappearded again, so I believe Ford has switched back to 3.0 asbuilt codes at least for Climate. It’s not a bug, and
I think it’s the correct behaviour, just sad that I now have to use ELM327 to change APIM settings and get Climate…

Interesting, I did not have Climate when on 3.0 but it appeared when I first upgraded to 3.4.20196, still had it on 20237 and it is still there with 20282. Voice control does not work but everything on the screen for Climate works.

Upgraded 2020 F250 from 20237. Install went smooth, so far everything seems okay. I’ll test more over the weekend.

This was actually a bug and it looks like Ford has corrected the behavior. This is also dependent on the asbuilt settings and either manual or automatic climate control.

So that makes 3 potential fixes so far in this version:

1. Behavior of climate control displays.
  2. Track skip (2 tracks) when using the FF button on the EFP. (Confirmed on FFCub Forum)
  3. No GPS error. (Not confirmed).

EDIT: The Behavior of climate control displays is fixed in this version. If your vehicle did not have this feature as OEM, then it will be removed.

1 Like

Dear all,
just updated and it was running smooth.
Navigation and voice control of navigation is running fine so far.
So no differences to 3.4.20237 in the behavior so far.
USB behavior not tested so far.

Just updated to this new build, all going well, no obvious changes, time will tell if GPS is fixed

Just updated mine, all running ok, a couple of questions that may have already been asked elsewhere, if so please direct me.

1. Is there anyway to make the home button direct you to the Audio tab only without the map.
  2. Can the warning for sat nav use be removed.
    Thanks
  1. No
  2. What is the warning message, perhaps a pic?

Sync 3.3 had the ability to use the audio tab as the Home Screen, I take it 3.4 is not capable of this?