Sync 3.4.20282 - Feedback & Issues

I’ve not heard of that audio tab function before. The message cannot be removed unless you use a hardware modification to install after market software:

Everything seems to be working fine

Maybe it’s not the home screen but on my wife’s car before I updated it to 3.4, she had 3.3, and when you started the car the display defaulted to the audio tab, instead of the half audio half nav Home Screen. Is this possible with 3.4?

Apparently I should have had my glasses on when I updated to 20282. I only noticed today when out that Climate is in fact not there. Everything seems to be working correctly.
2017 Escape

Remove the seat and steering wheel icons from the home screen and it will do as you describe. You will need FORScan, see the setting in the APIM Asbuilt Database.

Ford APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) AsBuilt Database – CyanLabs

7D0-01-01: ####-####-#X## (Set this value to ‘0’)

0=HSW Not Present, Heated/Cooled Seats Not Present, Rear Climate Not Present
1=HSW Not Present, Cooled Seats Present, Rear Climate Not Present
2=HSW Not Present, Heated/Cooled Seats Present, Rear Climate Not Present
3=HSW Not Present, Heated Seats Present, Rear Climate Not Present
4=HSW Present, Heated/Cooled Seats Not Present, Rear Climate Not Present
5=HSW Present, Cooled Seats Present, Rear Climate Not Present
6=HSW Present, Heated/Cooled Seats Present, Rear Climate Not Present
7=HSW Present, Heated Seats Present, Rear Climate Not Present
8=HSW Not Present, Heated/Cooled Seats Not Present, Rear Climate Present
9=HSW Not Present, Cooled Seats Present Climate View Only, Rear Climate Present
A=HSW Not Present, Heated/Cooled Seats Present Climate View Only, Rear Climate Present
B=HSW Not Present, Heated Seats Present Climate View Only, Rear Climate Present
C=HSW Present, Heated/Cooled Seats Not Present, Rear Climate Present
D=HSW Present, Cooled Seats Present Climate View Only, Rear Climate Present
E=HSW Present, Heated/Cooled Seats Present Climate View Only, Rear Climate Present
F=HSW Present, Heated Seats Present Climate View Only, Rear Climate Present

Thank you I have Forscan etc and I will give this a try and confirm that it has worked. One quick question though, on my Mondeo will the HSW icon still be on the climate screen as my car does not have a physical button like the fiesta to switch the HSW on?

Sure enough, updated well to 3.4.20282, the screen weather has disappeared!

Ignore me I’ve just read it again, climate view only :joy:

1 Like

Using FORScan to change: 7D0-04-01: ####-##01-####

One thing I found after the update was the Nav settings automatically changed to north up, so when using Nav the arrow looked like it was driving in the direction of north south east or west. I had to select my normal preference of the road your travelling on is always up from the nav screen, not a problem but thought it was worth a mention

Good evening everyone !

I just installed APP, in FORD Mondeo / Fusion 2018, without problems. Everything is working very well. My thanks to the extraordinary team that does everything to help us.

2 Likes

Just updated mine, no issues, but I still didn’t get heated/cooled seats in home screen. 2018 Fusion.

1 Like

If you have a hybrid you need to turn off the powerflow app and set the icons to the home screen.

So, it looks like this version will be an actual consumer release.

Are there any special steps to use your tool to create a standard updater image that would be just like the Ford download USB that will eventually be on the customer portal?

I saw on another forum this is dealer available to install to fix issues.

That’s exactly the case, my car is a 2018 Fusion Hybrid. Thank you!

What would be the point in mimicking the ford release USB when it has the same outcome? People can just get the official Ford update if that’s what they want

Using the Syn3 Updater vs using the Ford packaged software will yield the same results, as they are exactly the same files originated from the same place. The Ford “packaging” for the install is different than the Syn3 Updater, but these files are hardware and software checks for the APIM to determine if the unit is eligible for update. You can include the APIM Interrogator Utility with either package and get the xml file, which Ford uses to track your update status of the APIM. They also do this over wifi if you have FordPass.

2 Likes

Thanks. They have a warning about using this with a 2020 vehicle, saying it may brick it.

My 2020 autoupdated to 20136 after I bought it and I’ve had numerous issues with that.

I just want to make an installer that updates and that warning about bricking 2020 vehicles concerned me.

I can confirm it did not brick my 2020. I’ve been using it for 2 days and everything is working fine. No gps issues, voice commands work, all travel link functions (including weather) are good… I haven’t tested the usb for double skipping though.

I have a 2020 F250.

2 Likes

The bricking is only really a risk factor if you select the reformat option. Updating just the apps package will not brick the unit. I can confirm that I updated a 2020 escape to this version and its fine as well.