Sync 3.4.20282 - Feedback & Issues

kuga mk2 2018 year. after updating to 3.4.20282, the air conditioning control disappeared. previously I had version 3.4.20196

good evening, I made a mistake while updating to 20282 ā€¦ in the settings I only entered the app package. but in the version I put the f9 maps instead of selecting keep exist ā€¦ now the navigator gives me an error ā€¦ how can I solve?

Iā€™ve just updated to 282 from 196 and the only thing Iā€™ve noticed new (other than what has already been mentioned above) I was driving back home from town, Sync popped up a message telling there had been a burst water main on a road about half an hour drive away - I wasnā€™t going there and didnā€™t have the sat nav running, just some random ā€˜notificationā€™ style message. Never seen this before and I guess itā€™s a new feature relating to the Live Traffic feature that I have a couple of years free subscription to.

1 Like

Based on my ford dealer contacts they donā€™t have this version yet.

What error is the NAV giving you? Do you not have maps now?

installed it no problems so far even got my climate controls back again skip forward is ok nav is ok
no hick ups so far

1 Like

Same here dealer doesnā€™t have yet

All seems good on this version. GPS works fine on 21MY APIMs and seem to have also gained within the next junction info in navigation several stars in the night mode and buildings in the day mode, or of course, I never noticed that before :slight_smile:

Yes, that would be the Local Hazard Information - LHI that has possibly become active.

Sorry to write here, but to day i buy a new MY20 Fiesta vignale with navi and Bang Olufsen. What must i choose to update my car with this sync. because i read automatic system can damage the my20 sync. is it reformat or ? because my MY19 vignale fiesta automatic works fineā€¦ Again sorry to ask in this forum but i dont see witch one it can be ask in else

I have updated multiple model years of vehicles both 20 and 21MY and it is pretty difficult to brick the module. As others have said, if you do the autoinstall version, then you are able to roll back very easily. If you choose the reformat way (that also works and is far quicker) then you must ensure that you have a good quality USB drive and can keep an eye out for it with either the engine running, or ignition on but you must sit there ready to turn it back on as the vehicle has an ignition timer. Otherwise you can get stuck in the update loop that you do not get with the autoinstall method.

1 Like

Please note that the reformat tool WILL BRICK 2020 and newer modules, note your vehicle may be 2020 but the module itself 2019 or older. Please be very cautious making these statements on the forum as we have observed people bricking their modules hence why the app makes it clear this is the case.

Jan - if your module is already on 3.4 Iā€™d recommend you just do a manual update using the small autoinstall.lst file I listed on this thread, that is risk free for your situation.

I have installed multiple modules that are brand new out of the factory with both the reformat and autoinstall and not a single one has bricked or needed ETIS IDS or GFDRS to recover them. Whilst others may have had issues, there was probably some other issue potentially at the same time that bricked the module including modified as built values maybe.

What is this then if this not are dangerous ?

The context is that the reformat tool only has display drivers for particular units, the process will not complete if a recognised display is not attached. You are likely to be using an older compatible display hence you havenā€™t seen this issue - we had a number of users report the same issue.

It is dangerous as discussed, if you use the autoinstall method mentioned you will be fine.

When will the new syn3 updater come? im scared to try to update nowā€¦ i dont wanna brake my brand new one :slight_smile:

Possibly, although I do modify the reformat list each time a later release comes out that is stable. Latest module updated has a manufacture date of September 2020. I have not tested across all vehicles, but has worked on Fiesta, Kuga, Focus and Puma without issue. Latest key ignition vehicles you have to be careful as they now time out very early so can have issues with the reformat tool if you walk off at the wrong point in time, you can then be there for ages. Reformat with maps takes around 55mins. Just using the autoinstall is around 3hrs with maps and you need multiple USB sticks and key offs. Anything you modifiy can brick the module, but I have found either way very good and far easier than the official process of updating. For that I thank you and CyanLabs for the work you do with this.

As Louage states, just use the autoinstall version, as will be fine. You should be already on an v3.4 build with F9 maps. Just choose the package below and all is working well.

No worries! Thanks for the background, it is helpful. It sounds like you are UK/EU from your reply, there is a very wide variety of screens becoming available globally which, with time, we may be able to narrow down the issue to certain models. But to be safe, given our global reach, we take the safe position of stating it as dangerous to carry it out on any 2020 vehicle until better understood.