Sync 3.4.20351 - Feedback & Issues

I tried to update my Sync3 from 3.0.12950 to 3.4.20351 and I’m not having much success.

I keep getting the same error:

Error in 4U5T-14G423-BB_1598634411000.TAR.GZ

Vehicle" 2016 Mustang GT Premium
Non-Navigation model

I’ve tried 3 different flash drives with the same result.
SanDisk 64GB Extreme USB
SanDisk 64GB Cruzer USB
Generic 16GB

Thanks for any suggestions.

This is the North American version.

Please post your log file like above, and see the last few comments above about the files.

Thanks! That was the solution. I appreciate the help. Works great!

Anyone notice that with this version, Android Auto no longer has an exit button to exit back to the sync3 menus while the phone is plugged in?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sync 3.4.20351 Update Failing With MEM ERR 03

It’s probably a country-dependant deactivation. I can still search de USB here in Brazil, version 3.4.20351. Car built in Mexico for Brazilian market, APIM country BR, ANZ zone.

Mine is working fine, I have the exit button with Ford logo on it

1 Like

Hi… After update to 20351, i today realise that the volume is not cirkel any more, but is in a Square box now… How to correct this back again ?

1 Like

Interesting, what version of AA are you on? I’m on a Pixel 3, AA version 6.1.610544. In my launcher settings, Exit shows as the first shortcut, so it should show up on the headunit.

Yes, it’s law dependent.

Great stuff. I am thinking about update my car (Focus MK 3.5 - Germany - Sync 3 with SatNav model) and Sync 3.0. I have two questions.

1. Does the SatNav works as it does on the default Sync 3 with the display on the board computer for the directions? The small one between the rev and speedo?

2. I just experienced the loss of GPS. Therefore my SatNav does not work. Did anyone had a situation like this one, and did this upgrade fixed it? I ask because I am still not sure if the issue is software or a corrupted GPS antenna.

Motorola One Zoom, Android 10, AA version 6.1.6.610544 , same as yours. First shortcut here in car display

The navigation repeater on the dash display works just the same as on 3.0. The main difference you will notice is that the entire 3.4 system is much faster than 3.0, including nav.

You may get GPS signal again after the upgrade, but it’s not guaranteed. If its not working right now, then there really is no harm in upgrading. If it still doesn’t work after the upgrade and a master reset, then you may need to replace your GPS antenna.

You should also attempt to drive your car around for 20-30 minutes, sometimes all it takes is a while for it to re-acquire signal.

Just updated my '16 Focus ST3 from 3.4.20196 to 3.4.20351. All went well, Nav and AA are working as expected. I still have the old hub so I’m still getting the “USB hubs are not supported…” but it’s just a nuisance message. 20196 did show the Environmental tab and 20351 does not, like noted, which is fine with me since I have all of the hardware controls at my fingers anyway. Thanks for the work in keeping our vehicles up-to-date.

If by “environmental tab” you mean the climate menu, then you can re-enable this with FORScan.

Thank you. What about the auto-dimming some of the guys mentioned here? I do not have any problems with that at the moment. Also, it is working all fine regarding the USB. I did read it through the thread about that brightness issue and something with the USB. Can you tell me what that is all about? Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

USB bugs have been fixed in the newest builds, however if you need auto-brightness then you will need to choose a lower build that includes it (I think 3.4.19101 is the last version with brightness toggle). I would suggest trying to update to the latest 3.4.20351 and seeing how that works out for you as it is the most stable build as of right now.

Thank you. Can you tell me that about the brightness, because I did not quite get it? What is the issue exactly? What happens with the brightness on this new build? Is it something that I will not notice in reality at all, or is it an issue?

It depends on which vehicle you have. Some cars have a flickering screen issue due to the lack of an auto-brightness option. Most vehicles are fine however. Like stated before, just try updating to the latest build and if you experience flickering issues, downgrade to 3.4.19101.

1 Like