Sync 3.4.20351 - Feedback & Issues

Good morning

Yesterday morning I’ve seen that map 2.20 was available. I prepared an instalation pen drive with downgrade and it was installed following the instructions. In total it took around 30 minutes and everything went OK, but I noticed that Gracenotes was missing (not showing in IVSU Versions).
Than I prepared another pen drive for adding Gracenotes and the new voice pack, launched just after my map update. I have done the second instalation and everything is running withou any issue.
Remark: there is an error on IVSU Versions screen that shows Grace notes version 3.2.20178, instead of 3.3.20178
Right now, I am preparing the pen drive for installing the new 3.4.21020, launched today, and after the installation I will say something in the post Sync 3.4.21020 - Feedback & Issues
Carlos Remor
Ford Ecosport 2018, running Sync 3.4.20351 - map 2.20 South America, in Brazil

I do not know if it is MY20 or if it has any MY20 component,
It is a hybrid manufactured in November, 3 2018 and registered in February 2019

the 10th digit of the car frame is H, does it mean 2017?

Based on that information, you should be in the clear.
Only real way to find out is by taking a look at the physical unit, based on the part number you can tell if it’s 2020 or not.
But since it was manufactured 2 years prior 2020, you should be ok.

Issue with MY20 components is that the reformat tool that was leaked does not contain the drivers for newer screens… So that’s why you can brick the unit, due to the lack of drivers.

How can I see the serial number of the unit?
so I make sure not to corrupt anything

It’s a physical sticker that’s attached to the unit.
Take this post and thread as reference → Sync 3.4 Black Screen - #33 by F150Chief

Syn3updater has a tool that’s the interrogator log, but that will extract software information from the APIM, not the part number. And again, issue is with the screen, not the APIM alone.

Since the dates you mentioned, and if the car has not been serviced new parts, you should be ok. But if you do not want to risk it, you should avoid reformatting the unit.

1 Like

If the car came with sync 3.3 or below it’s not my20

It came from the factory with the 3.0. I am going to update it as I think it will not be a problem.
Thanks for your help

It’s fine then

I installed 20351 on my 2017 Ford Transit with navigation, but the maps did not install. What should I do?

Could you please post the log file from the usb?

You used the Syn3 Updater?

Yes, I used the Syn3 updater. Here’s the log file. log.txt (12.5 KB)

According to the logs, you were on 2.0.16074.
Did you have any issues during installation?, any error?. Did you master reset?.
Also, you are running an old version of Syn3updater…
In the settings tab, change to Beta Branch… that should trigger an update.
Then after it restarted, go back and change it to Release.
That should bring you up to the current version, 2.5.7

Interestingly, maps have now appeared after starting the vehicle again.

The log file looks ok for the upgrade from 3.0 to 3.4. However, the map files listed were for NA 1.19 and the new ones are NA 2.20.

So it looks like you did not do a master reset?

I will update Syn3 and then try to install NA 2.20. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hello together,

I have a question. I’m recently on the 3.4.20196. which was installed via a USB Stick which was created with the Sync 3 Updater software. I get now the information that I can download the 3.4.20351 from the ford server. About 850 MB. Can I install it without facing any issues over the 20196? Or should I downgrade first? Thx

Regards

You can install directly with no issues.

Thx for your quick answer :slight_smile:

Seems solved so far on 21020… I was experiencing the same!