Sync 3.4.20351 - Feedback & Issues

Upgraded app and gracenotes. 2017 escape NA region. I didn’t notice CarPlay connection was any better but it wasn’t worse either. No issues so far.

Does this version solve the issue that the navigation cannot be activated through voice commands?

After upgrading my 2018 Ecosport to 3.4 the voice command e.g. “Drive me home” results in “The navigation system is still loading” and it never loads…

I’ve had a bit of a look around and through settings etc, but I can’t see or notice anything different… so far!

1 Like

Well they have evidently been working on the nav in this version so it may have fixed this issue.

1 Like

Seems they have reverted back to the ST / Ford Performance animation upon vehicle exit now, earlier builds of 3.4 would just show the Ford logo.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Issue updating Sync 3 Software

Yes, I heard about some new start up screen, but for normal users, it’s the same.

Updated today from 3.4.20282 and haven’t really noticed many changes, aside for maybe a fade transition when turning the car off. My nav doesn’t seem to be any faster and I use Android Auto, so I can’t speak to the speed improvements for that.

I do like that there’s a new Gracenotes version, but there are several albums that were released in 2020 that it still doesn’t have album art for, which I was disappointed to see.

However I haven’t experienced any bugs, old or new, so all good there!

I was also disappointed, because I was hoping for it to show a new album that was released jan 2021, but the name and cover was released October. Ford has made a bunch of confusion of the Gracenote name. Its actually Gracenote, not sure why Ford calls it Gracenotes with an s in the end.

Hi, I’ve noticed a mark improvement in the loading of maps and it generally feels very responsive, did notice a slight screen flicker when the wallpaper was attempting to change from daylight to night mode, but it seems to have settled down, but I’ll keep an eye on it. One other thing I noticed regarding radio station icons, Radio 2 isn’t displaying correctly, default image shows…

That’s better felt naked without the flag… :grinning:

1 Like

This was caused by the theme, if it was set to MY20 it would work if it was set to Ford Timeless (i think) it would show the Ford logo instead

1 Like

:laughing: much better indeed

3 Likes

Is it not having Gracenotes for ROW Non Map version? Thnks.

4U5T-14G423-FB 919Mb Sync3 v3.3.20178 1.1.1.2220 (GL-0011) (24.05.2020): ROW (4)

Ford APIM IVSU Database - CyanLabs

Means it is to be updated seperately after updating 20351?

You could, yes.

Follow this:

Tutorial: No Gracenotes After Sync 3.4 Installation. Manual Installation Instructions - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community

1 Like

Followed the tutorial. Was having 1.1 Gb of space left but could not install gracenotes file of 741 Mb after last update of 3.4.20282. Let me try this time but to install latest update again I have to downgrade.

4U5T-14G423-FB 919Mb Sync3 v3.3.20178 1.1.1.2220 (GL-0011) (24.05.2020): ROW (4)
Ford APIM IVSU Database - CyanLabs

Downgrade to 3.3.19052 using the Syn3 Updater and use reformat option to install the app, voice, and Gracenotes at one time.

2 Likes

I can confirm, it shows the ST animation on my ST.

This exactly why we don’t include Gracenotes for ROW as most don’t have space for it.

1 Like