Sync 3.4.20351 - Feedback & Issues

Are you sure its hardware related? my 2020 transit connect dims the screen. Anyways, I don’t think there was an information icon before beside the calm screen and screen off buttons on the touchscreen in settings. BTW, just updated.

It’s hardware related to the screens they used prior to MY20. It was problematic, according for Ford techs I spoke with, so Ford phased it out and for those that have it turned on when you update, it sticks with no way to turn it off (which of course is not ideal…not sure why they did that). If you had AutoDim turned off prior to upgrading, it stayed off.

1 Like

Hello

Just updated my S-Max to 3.4.20351. Unfortunately the cover displays are still not error free, see photos.

!

Problem with that is the last version with the switch wasn’t actually released, so people never had the chance to turn it off if the version didn’t come with their vehicle from the factory.

Have you tried resetting it?

1 Like

Yes I have. This made some main covers come back. But with many FM stations the shadows are missing.
On DAB some are missing completely.
With the USB it is ok.

1 Like

Once I came across the descriptions of different install modes but now I can’t so I’m wondering if autodetect is the new safest feature I should leave it on?.. (3.0.19205 NA Nav)

1. If I only want map update do I uncheck just “APP”??
1 Like

You can’t install 3.4 maps onto a 3.0 system. They are not compatible as the partition layout has changed. If you want to install new maps you must also reformat and install 3.4 OR you can try and download the new 3.0 maps from Ford directly and use that.

Auto detect is the best method as the app will choose the appropriate method based on the info you provided.

1 Like

Got it thanks! okay I’ll do a complete install along with the maps

https://cyanlabs.net/docs/syn3updater/page/the-different-install-modes

Not sure how you can’t find this? there is a massive “DOCUMENTATION” button on the Application page Syn3 Updater - CyanLabs

2 Likes

Upgraded app and gracenotes. 2017 escape NA region. I didn’t notice CarPlay connection was any better but it wasn’t worse either. No issues so far.

Does this version solve the issue that the navigation cannot be activated through voice commands?

After upgrading my 2018 Ecosport to 3.4 the voice command e.g. “Drive me home” results in “The navigation system is still loading” and it never loads…

I’ve had a bit of a look around and through settings etc, but I can’t see or notice anything different… so far!

1 Like

Well they have evidently been working on the nav in this version so it may have fixed this issue.

1 Like

Seems they have reverted back to the ST / Ford Performance animation upon vehicle exit now, earlier builds of 3.4 would just show the Ford logo.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Issue updating Sync 3 Software

Yes, I heard about some new start up screen, but for normal users, it’s the same.

Updated today from 3.4.20282 and haven’t really noticed many changes, aside for maybe a fade transition when turning the car off. My nav doesn’t seem to be any faster and I use Android Auto, so I can’t speak to the speed improvements for that.

I do like that there’s a new Gracenotes version, but there are several albums that were released in 2020 that it still doesn’t have album art for, which I was disappointed to see.

However I haven’t experienced any bugs, old or new, so all good there!

I was also disappointed, because I was hoping for it to show a new album that was released jan 2021, but the name and cover was released October. Ford has made a bunch of confusion of the Gracenote name. Its actually Gracenote, not sure why Ford calls it Gracenotes with an s in the end.

Hi, I’ve noticed a mark improvement in the loading of maps and it generally feels very responsive, did notice a slight screen flicker when the wallpaper was attempting to change from daylight to night mode, but it seems to have settled down, but I’ll keep an eye on it. One other thing I noticed regarding radio station icons, Radio 2 isn’t displaying correctly, default image shows…

That’s better felt naked without the flag… :grinning:

1 Like