Sync 3.4.20351 - Feedback & Issues

Thanks.

Probably just the layout change that I noticed then :thinking:

How do you update the grace notes? Isnā€™t it part of the update?

Hey,
This is great news - the new release. Iā€™ll try it in the afternoon and come back with feedback. I am on 20282 now and I still have a bug with the USB playback. Itā€™s no longer skipping 2 tracks but, at some times, it behaves like an old broken CD player, meaning it jumps like a fraction of a second like when you ran into bumps on the road. I really hope this new release will fix this too.

4 Likes

This happens to me too! Sometimes the USB stick isnā€™t seen, so Sync defaults to DAB radio and also songs jitter, but I just put it down to dodgy MP3 encoding from older songs, so itā€™s good to hear itā€™s not just me.
I thought the days of scratched CDs and bumpy roads were a thing of the past :slight_smile:

1 Like

Select the gracenotes package when updating, voice and logos etc are unchanged apps and gracenotes have been updated

They were already selected by default but my gracenotes is still 1.1.1.2211 as I was on 20282 before so wonder if that is why?

EU Gracenotes hasnā€™t changed are you EU?

EDIT: EU was already newer than the others till this release :wink:

Yes EU :slight_smile:

So my gracenotes was already up to date?!

1 Like

Good morning to everyone!

I just successfully updated APPS and Gracenotes. Apparently I didnā€™t notice anything ā€¦

I thought this was the time I picked up the radio logos, but no ā€¦

My 2018 MONDEO / FUSION vehicle.

Thank you for all your effort. Big hug.

Yes it would have been

there is a new animation when turning the car on and off, now the brightness decreases smoothly when turning off the screen

2 Likes

If you have syn3 updater, just create a new update, so it can override the data on the sync system with new data.

For some reason this happens to me too on usb and bt!

No we were at 1.1.1.2.1 or something then we jumped to 1.1.2.2.1 or something I canā€™t remember with all these digits

Not following but the gracenotes package for EU has been the same package for a while other regions were slightly behind till now.

1 Like

I wish they would fix the awful brightness issue where it flickers up and down it is not smooth.

I think thatā€™s hardware-based. Had that issue in my 2017 Escape. Now I have a Bronco Sport and that option is completely removed from Sync. Iā€™ve noticed itā€™s been gone since the MY20ā€™s came out. Itā€™s either light/dark. No in-between.

Itā€™s not that which is an issue itā€™s the auto dimming of the backlight based on outdoor ambient light.

1 Like

No, the option was on the early versions of sync, and it uses the brightness sensor on the dashboard which the auto headlights use. Now they made it on by default.

Yes,ā€¦ thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying. They made it ā€œalways onā€ because their new vehicles donā€™t have the option for auto-dim because the hardware no longer exists in current vehicles.