Sync 3.4.20351 - Feedback & Issues

I did do a master reset and I did have the vehicle running but not moving. So hopefully that is the problem.

There is a ‘dwell’ or delay to the response of the temp sensors so they don’t bounce all over. This averages the temp over several minutes.

2 Likes

You are correct. Once we drive the car the temperature displayed correctly. Thanks

2 Likes

I did the update to 3.4.20351 on my 2018 Explorer Sport. When I check “About Sync” it shows I have the 20351 build, but the Gracenotes version did not change. It is still 1.1.1.1332(NA0010). I still DO NOT have album art from SiriusXM in the square box on the right side of the screen just a musical note. As I mentioned before on my 2019 Ranger with Gracenotes version 1.1.1.2220(GL0011) I have album art.
Does anyone know of a way to get the album art on my 2018 Explorer Sport?

You can just update the Gracenotes thru the Syn3 Updater separately, but you will still have the same result. This is a hardware thing, not software.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. Could you explain a little about the hardware thing? Sounds like there is no need to update Gracenotes, but if I wanted to, not sure how to just update Gracenotes with Syn3 Updater. Can I update to the Gracenotes version I want?

Yes.

@AndyG1714 feel free to add to this…

Pre 2019 hardware (model dependent) does not have the ability to decode and display the ‘metadata’ sent along with the audio signal for artist info, etc, for SiriusXM. This is now implemented in the newer hardware, again model dependent. To be able to make this work, you would need a new ACM and APIM, at least 2019 model year units, 2020 preferred. However, you would need to rewire the Explorer for the 2020 ACM, as it is not directly compatible.

We’ll need to split this out of the thread to discuss further…

1 Like

Thanks for your help and explanation.

Update to 250351, GPS no signal, Red Cross icon.
Time cannot be synchronized with GPS.
Restoring factory settings is not a problem.

1 Like

Yes, 20351 volume popup is both square & round.

Yes, confirmed testing pulling the usb cable out while using Android Auto lands you back on the Home Screen with “Audio Off”

1 Like

Hi, did you update keeping the maps? Does the version have any Bug? Did you try waze if the speed limit works? Thanks

About Waze, it’s not related to Sync.
It’s a Waze bug that’s going to be solved soon.

1 Like

I did keep maps, only did a reformat when updating from 3.0.
Regarding bugs, only the brightness as already reported, and I don’t use waze.

Updated to 20351 now screen flickers
?
Can i downgrade it back to 3.4 20282 and if so can you provide a link for downgrade or do i choose
Install mode as downgrade then just load 3.4 20282 with keep existing maps same as the upgrade route ?

thank you

Do you own a Kuga or Focus?, that’s a known issue on those models.
Not sure if it’s solved in 20282.

About downgrade, DO NOT FORCE ANY INSTALL METHOD UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Just leave it as AUTODETECT and let the tool decide which method is the best, depending on the configuration you have and the configuration you want.

Just make sure to update your app’s settings to reflect what you want to do.

1 Like

I need to revert back to 20282 , it only seems to flicker at the dusk to dark came out in the sun and its ok , but because of the uk shitty weather its gonna be a.issue

It will do that on very version after 19101, you need to stay on 19101 and disable “auto brightness” if you don’t want that issue, you have a kuga or focus and therefore there is no solution unfortunately.

The update worked like a charm for me. Updated from 3.0 to 3.4 on a 2017 Ford Fusion with navigation. Some things seem a little snappier (switching audio sources, launching CarPlay, etc), other things seem the same or maybe even a little slower now (some button pushes lag like I’m back on Sync 2). I wish the Brightness and Auto Dim settings were explained a little more clearly somewhere (maybe I just missed it) as I don’t have access to anything in Brightness anymore. All in all, very happy with the update!

1 Like

About auto dim, it was documented:

Each build has some notes that would describe what changed from the previous build.

1 Like

I just installed 20351 from 20196

I noticed that it just installed when the normal sync stayed on. I diddnt boot and go in the bios install menu ( dont know how to discribe it correctly )

It was done quiet fast and i did check the software info and it was changed to 20351. The gracenotes ar still at the same version. 1.1.1121 or something.

I did installed the new Gracenotes.

Is this normal? Or did i do something wrong?

1 Like