Sync 3.4.20351 - Feedback & Issues

Are you EU? EU gracenotes are the same, also yes only 3.0 to 3.2+ needs a reformat :slight_smile:

Yes i am from the eu!

Thanks!!

Hello,

i am just about to download the latest Sync 3.4 20351. While it’s downloading I was browsing the cyanlabs site and read the following under the chapter “Missing/Broken Features”:

“Apple Carplay is not supported in any version”.

Does this mean that after updating to the cyanlabs version I don’t have Apple Carplay anymore ?

Also, the info below “Heated seats icons are missing after upgrade to 3.4.20196+” as well as the list dr potential errors makes me a bit nervous :frowning:

Also, how does it work with a normal map update ? Can future updates be easily installed on top of the new versions provided by cyanlabs according to experience ?

Question about the warranty, can the garage recognize that I’ve installed a “foreign software” ? Can this cost me the warranty ? Would be stupid, I have 7 years.

many greetings

Freddy

No it means you can’t repeat the Apple Carplay navigation on to the IPC like you can for AA and built in maps

Their was a bug in a older release updating to this build should be fine

Updates provided for Sync 3.3/3.4 can be installed over the top, CyanLabs will stay on top as much as they can

Technically yes but they likely won’t notice or care

You have a 2020 vehicle, so the chances of losing your warranty by updating are slim, in my opinion. This is really up to how the dealer views this, but from my experience, most will not care. This is really a question of if the Sync APIM has an issue and needs to be replaced. The later units, MY18.5 and up, have proven to be rather decent as far as reliability. A lot of failure stories really have more to do with failures of modifications rather than the unit itself. If you needed to, you can find a replacement APIM, with NAV, for under $500 US on EBay, etc.

Being a 2020 vehicle, the original build for your vehicle is most likely Sync 3.4. Just load the apps and appropriate voice file, just as you would an upgrade.

Updated yesterday all is well thanks!! Build 20351

After demoting 20282 without map, GPS still has no signal.
Then it dropped to 3.3 19052, and the GPS signal recovered during the degradation process.
After that, the running signal is normal.
Then upgrade to 3.4 20351 in the open space; at present, the GPS signal is normal.
In retrospect, it is concluded that the upgrade process should not be carried out in the underground garage where the GPS signal is weak or there is no GPS signal.
My first upgrade was actually carried out in the underground garage, which may cause the GPS module to feign death.
For reference only.

1 Like

That may help, but doing the upgrade without GPS lock will not kill any module.
In the worst case scenario, it would take some time for the car’s GPS to get a lock.

In 2021 may seem odd, but we older people that used dummy Garmin GPS devices without internet know that under the “right” conditions, the device could take quite some time to get a GPS lock.

That may be the issue you faced, but it was about time for the car to get GPS lock again eventually.

Other possible issue, is if you mistakenly downloaded a wrong region, but seems unlikely.

I just installed 20351 from 20196 on a 2017 UK Kuga.
Ended up without GPS and with lots of stuff (Settings=> General for example) missing or greyed out. Waited and waited, restarted the car a few times.
Eventually left the car locked for 10 mins, then came back and all was good. Maybe I wasn’t being patient enough. Update looks and feels great. Nice clean display and navigation/android auto working well.

Waze speed limit bug was fixed for me (Android) by clearing the cache and data for Waze, Android Auto, Google Play Services.

1 Like

Hallo miteinander
Möchte mich bei allen Forenmitgliedern und Cyanlabs fĂŒr das sehr gut funktionierende Tool bedanken.
Bitte um einen Link fĂŒr eine Spende.
Hans

Waze speed bug has just been fixed anyway, I got in my car today and it works as intended with no fix.

1 Like

Not sure what the big deal is about the speed on waze, but have we forgotten that we have both a digital AND analog speedometer on the instrument cluster??

I updated from sync 3.0 on a mk 3.5 focus . No problems what so ever its alot better quicker smoother and looks great in dark mode

Without working speed in Waze you don’t get get speed alerts etc, also GPS speed is more accurate than Speedo speed by design.

1 Like

Hi,

hoffe der link geht: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BUDYP87AXERMJ&source=url

Alternativ ĂŒber die CyanLabs - Ford Guides, Syn3 Updater And Much More! ganz unten → da ist ein Donate Button (Paypal)

Without working speed in Waze you don’t get get speed alerts etc, also GPS speed is more accurate than Speedo speed by design.

You can find a donate link at the bottom of https://cyanlabs.net and from the About section of Syn3 Updater :slight_smile: the link provided above is also good

2 Likes

Danke fĂŒr den Link.
Hat funktioniert.
Wie kann ich die Log Datei einfĂŒgen?
Hans

Hallo Hans,
normalerweise wirst du hier den Hinweis bekommen, dass es sich hier um ein englischsprachiges Forum handelt. Wenn wÀhrend der Downloads und der Installation alles glatt gegangen ist, solltest du einen Hinweis mit Log hochladen bekommen haben. Wenn dieser bestÀtigt worden ist solltest sich eine Webpage mit dem entsprechenden Log in deinen Webbrowser geöffnet haben.
Nach der Installation kannst du unter https://forms.gle/CG4qunV6xpRb6m4y8 dein entsprechendes Feedback abgeben.
Gruß Dirk
Hello Hans,
most likely you will get the hint that this forum is an english one. If the download and copying of the files was running fine, you have got a message box which is offering the option to upload the log file.

After the installation and checking the installation feedback can be given under the following link.

Regards Dirk

1 Like

Hallo Dirk
Ich wĂŒrde euch ja gerne meine Logdatei zur VerfĂŒgung stellen
aber

wenn ich die Logdatei hochladen will kommt der Hinweis das ich als neuer Benutzer keine Berechtigung habe.Wie geht es jetzt weiter?
Hans