Sync 3.4.20351 - Feedback & Issues

Please type in english, you can add your local language to the post but also make sure it contains a english version!

Waze still not working consistently for me, though I’m still on 3.4.20282. It works correctly maybe 50% of the time.

make sure your AA and Google Services are up to date and Waze also.

2017 Ford Explorer Platinum (8" panel w/ NAV)

20282 always gave me both a brightness slidebar and an Auto checkbox on same screen, day or night no matter what.

20351 now completely greys out the brightness area unless I rotate the headlight switch to the AUTO setting. And the brightness setting screen looks very generic.

Don’t you guys in the EU and UK have speed sign recognition? I don’t think you would need exact speed to be driving.

Yes but this isn’t the point, please stay on topic

Dont know if this is the correct place but can the feature where by you can choose your own background from usb be implemented in any way , also few radio logos missing from uk dab

@CyanLabs
Can you promote @Callypso48 so that he can upload his log file. Seems that he has not the necessary privileges to upload the log file

He can paste the contents of the web page using the dedicated “copy log (formatted for forum)” button

Hallo
Ich versuche mal die Logdatei hochzuladen
log.txt (11,0 KB)
Es hat geklappt
Mein Feedback sieht sehr positiv aus.Habe bisher noch keine Bugs gefunden.
Liebe Grüße
Hans
Hi
I’ll try to upload the log file
log.txt (11.0 KB)
It’s worked out
My feedback looks very positive; I haven’t found any bugs yet.
best regards
Hans

1 Like

I have a problem with live traffic option. I get the impression that it stopped working after this update. I have purchased LTE internet. I have lost the ability to activate from subscription. I called Ford and they not met with a similar situation.

Puma.

This update is not approved for any vehicle, therefore, they do not support it. If you take it to the dealer or tell Ford that you are using unapproved software, they will not help you.

I don’t know about your country, but in the US, the only warranty issue would be with the “infotainment” system, i.e. whatever you “modified”. If your engine blows up after you installed a Sync 3 update, the engine warranty is still in effect 100%.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m OK with 3.4.20282 version, but I’d like to update only Gracenote to the new version. Is it possible?

2018 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Nav, ANZ 1.19 maps. I’m in Brazil.

4U5T-14G423-DB 566Mb Sync3 v3.3.20178 1.1.1.2220 (GL-0011) (24.05.2020): ANZ (8)

This can be downloaded from the Ford APIM IVSU Database - CyanLabs

Tutorial: No Gracenotes After Sync 3.4 Installation. Manual Installation Instructions - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community

1 Like

Thanks, ended up updating everything via syn3updater. It’s all working fine.

1 Like

Hi route, do you have south america maps in cyanlabs soft?

youmax, South America is included in ANZ (Australia-New Zealand) region. Don’t ask me why Ford made it this way, but believe me, it works. Just set Syn3Updater to ANZ and you’ll be fine. Don’t choose ROW, it won’t match your APIM’s country.

Sync uses your APIM’s country settings to determine what maps shoud be installed. In my case, it’s BR, so it loads South America maps, contained in ANZ package. It should be the same for you, since I can trace navigation routes to Argentina, so it has Argentina maps.

1 Like

Hi, please could I have a link to the syn3 updater? The links on the post don’t appear to be working. Thanks