Sync 3.4.20351 - Feedback & Issues

Perfect explanation My neighbor. i will try

1 Like

Maybe a stupid question: I only have a Chromebook, so the app will not work for me. I know there is a basic way of doing this, but will need the new 3.4 code and steps to load it onto a USB drive for install …
thx

1 Like

You need to follow this guide: Easily Update Your SYNC 3 Using Our Manual Method - CyanLabs

4 posts were split to a new topic: Massage functionality in MultiContour seats

I am going to be upgrading from build 20282 to build 20351 to try and resolve the USB playback jump issue and was wondering if I need to check the gracenote box as I am already at version 1.1.1.2211

if you are on it already then there is no point re-installing it

Thanks, I just thought I had read somewhere that the gracenotes could affect USB playback issue, thanks again.

It might do but i doubt it, but if you have that version already then it doesn’t matter :slight_smile: assuming ofcourse that you aren’t forcing a reformat.

So I just updated from 282. I didn’t notice any real changes, nav may be slight quicker. BT seems like it connected a little quicker.

I’m just waiting on 2020 NA maps now!

See this:

USB playback issue with sync 3.4 versions - Ford / Sync 3 - CyanLabs Official Community

I’m also waiting, they’re probably gonna skip it like how they skipped NA 1 18.

I get only sometimes when i get into the car and turn it on, that the sync is saying the default language is set to Danish, like when a master reset is made. Someone knows why ? this is on 20351 in a ford fiesta vignale 2020 with navi and Bang Olufsen soundsystem

Hi i have build 3.4.20196 in new sync updater when i want to update to 3.4.20351
i chose auto detect install Mode it show me downgrade install Mode is it normal should i go with it

Are you also installing maps?
Post your screen.

Just to be clear, you have already performed a master reset, right?

Yes - 3 times and have try to disconnected the battery for make it a reboot.

Has anyone noticed that in Android Auto there is no “Exit” button in this version to go back to the radio menu to be able to adjust the radio and music settings.

There is a back to ford button is there not?

1 Like

Nope not on mine there isn’t.

Hey all!

I would like to share my experience with this version and at first i would like to say THANK YOU Cyanlabs for this awesome software opportunity!

This is my first update of my “old” sync in my car ever.

My car:

Ford Grand C-Max Cmax (think build in 2018)
bought and used in germany
Titanium edition
parking sensors + automated parking mode, but no rear camera
Navigation system for EU
it came with Sync 3.0 build 190205 - so old…

At first i was a bit afraid… will this huge leap of software version crash any of my beloved functions in the infotainment?

I dared to risk it and it was a full success story!

I used a patriot usb 3.0 with 128 gb space, the sync update tool put the “reformat” option with most recent 3.4.20351 and the nav maps on it.

It took about 53 Minutes to install.

All i did was starting my car,
waited till the Sync was fully operational
jammed in my USB, message on screen stated the update is starting (and to remove USB - dont do this…)
it restarted after some seconds the Sync system and the install progress began. In the meanwhile i drove with the car around.
When the update was done after 53 minutes → NOW you can remove the USB! System restarts et voila.

The new UI and the small features added are so lovely…

thanks a lot, donated!

3 Likes