Sync 3.4.21020 - Feedback & Issues

Updated my Focus My2018 everyting works fine but…some strange things are happening to me …

1- Sometimes you start the car and the voice says “System Configurated to Spanish”
2 - Sometimes i start the car and the AC starts alone with auto mode ON. (It was not ON the last time i stopped the car)
3- Now sometimes bluetooth music pauses with iOS-Sync. if you touch Play on Sync it continues. Im on iOS 14.5.1… it didn’t happen in other iOS-Sync versions.

Already make a hard reset, forget in iPhone, etc.

I updated a 2018 fusion (Mondeo) with heated seats and steering wheel and those options along with on screen climate controls remained.

1 Like

Are you in North America?

I was having the exact same issue, and I was able to resolve it by downloading the 1.19 (2019) maps rather than the 2.20 (2020) maps.

Hi. I updated my Transit Connect 2017, and yes, it’s a bit faster. Didn’d found problems at all but I don’t have Andoid Auto anymore.Is that normal?

Thank you

After factory reseting the device I made a 2nd update (without the maps), worked fine.
Thanks

1. What region is the APIM programmed, or country? I know in the US if you configure the APIM for US and select Spanish as the language, you will get the same message.
  2. If you use remote start this would be normal. The settings can be changed in the IPC menu under remote start if it displays there. If not, you can use FORScan to change it.
  3. This has been reported elsewhere recently. Don’t know if it is Ford or Apple.

@SaNdMaN might be able to help with the language issue.

Has anyone on here just doing the update on a My 20 had issues losing your SiriusXM Travel Link trial, including traffic, weather, & sports? Not music, that part seems okay.

I have two friends who updated from Ford and they both lost those things after the update. Over a day now driving and it’s still missing, although one says it shows ‘collecting data’.

Has anyone on hear ran up against that, considering that most were running this prior to Ford pushing it out as a true ‘release’?

Yes, this is a thing and has been reported on F150Forum and a few others. Send radio refresh from Sirius website under your account, if it does not work, Call SiriusXM.

Hello!

Have anyone issue with Android Auto sound? Not sure this is Sync 3 error, but I don’t know.
Plugged phone with USB, AA seems working but no sound my S-Max’s speakers. Nor media from any source nor voice navigation.
Media source on head unit’s FM remain after connect to USB then I will switch to Android Auto source remain FM not the AA media playing.

Sorry for my English :frowning:

Thanks!

Downgrade, then re-upgrade to 3.4.21020 (full package + 2.20 maps) successful on my 2017 Explorer Platinum. No issues. Total time, just under 30 min.
The process didn’t actually require removal/re-insertion of USB drive, or key off/on, even though screen prompts requested it; The APIM boot-cycled all by itself. :+1:

I ran the identical downgrade/upgrade on two other vehicles (full package + 2.20 maps); a 2017 Escape Titanium and 2019 Escape Titanium. Perfect results on those as well.

1 Like

Try these things:

Remove, then re-install Android Auto on your phone.
Also, in the phone settings, check USB mode. Perhaps it’s in charge only mode.
Finally, delete your car’s Bluetooth connection on the phone. Pair it again, via USB connection in your car.

Final thought: after upgrade to 3.4.21020, did you do a master reset on the APIM? (found in ‘General Settings’)

Remove Android Auto from your phone, then re-install it.
If you didn’t do a master reset on your vehicle APIM after updating it, try that as well.

2017 Ford F-150 Lariat. Upgraded to 3.4.21020 with no issues during the install. Everything appears to work, except the channel presets are out of alignment. I can fix it so it looks right, but after a restart the alignment is still off by half a preset button. I should have taken a picture before I downgraded. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Perform a master reset if you have not done so. You will need to re-pair your phone after that.

I did a master reset after reading through some of the forum. That didn’t help the situation. I downgraded to 3.3 for the time being although it wasn’t a big issue. I’ll try the newest version again later this week and see if there is any difference. Thanks.

Has anyone installed this on a 2019 or equivalent Escape Titanium?
I wanna know if anyone has any issues with ambient lighting, self parking or FordPass app before i install

3.4.21098 now released, thread locked.

1 Like