Sync 3.4.21098 - Feedback & Issues

For each new release a specific thread will be created, please use this thread to post any feedback or issues you have noticed for the corresponding release.

You can update using Syn3 Updater

It’s also added to the manual method on cyanlabs.net

ANY COMMENT POSTED NOT DIRECTLY RELATING TO FEEDBACK AND/OR ISSUES FOR SYNC 3.4.21098 WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT QUESTION! I’VE TRIED TO BE NICE AND KEEP THESE THREADS CLEAN BUT NO ONE FOLLOWS IT,

DO NOT POST HERE IF IT’S NOT DIRECTLY RELATED TO SYNC 3.4.21098

Mem errors should be discussed in new posts, not this thread as it’s not a bug or feature specific to this build!

PLEASE CREATE A NEW THREAD IF YOUR ISSUE IS NOT SPECIFIC TO THIS TOPIC!

Changes still being reported by users

To be added

1 Like

3 Likes

All good here so far. G/2016 model APIM. Upgraded from 21020 and also did the map update as well to NA 220 at the same time from 119. Went through without a hitch and with VERY brief testing after completing I don’t see any issues.

2 Likes

When I use the updated if I try download the current version with maps half way through I get a message saying host connection was terminated. But if I select keep old maps it works fine. Any ideas I’m gunna try another usb stick.

2 Likes

Simple fast update …what’s new?

I loaded the file with “old map” and now I have a gps fault. The navigation worked fine before

So i loses the file without the new maps and now my navi doesn’t work at all. Soooo awesome. It worked before and now nothing

Thanks…updated with no issues and seems to be working well.

On a side note, made a small donation too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try a master reset and power cycle the ignition after. Wait for the unit to completely shut down, takes about 30 seconds to a minute sometimes.

See this:

SYNC 3.0 to 3.4 Manual Explanation - Ford / Sync 3 - CyanLabs Official Community

Ford Kuga 2018 after the installation from 3.4.21020 to 3.4.21098 everything stopped working. only the radio was playing, the radio station could not be changed. the station logos were not displayed. The radio showed 00:00. parking sensors did not work. steering wheel controls did not work. the system reset option was not available I had to reset the system with a key combination. everything is back to normal after the reset.

Good afternoon everyone!

I just upgraded, Ford Mondeo 2018, 3.421098. It went well and is running smoothly. The differences … I can’t distinguish.

Thanks .

Just updated on my 2017 F-150. Same issue as the last update. Channel buttons are offset after a screen change for any reason(call, alert, etc.) See images below. Install went fine. Performed the Master reset and cycled the power.
Pic1
Pic2

1 Like

Was there a difference?

This is like one of those puzzle’s pics where you have to find the difference between the two …I give up can’t find them🥴

2 Likes

The station buttons are offset by 2/3 on the left and 1/3 on the right. That’s the only issue I have with it. 3.4.21020 did the same thing for me. I have not seen anyone else have this issue.

1 Like

My buttons … don’t look like that …, blank, like those in your photos, when you tune in to a radio station.

Is this the original APIM or a replacement? Have you updated the firmware? Will the buttons slide to each side by swiping left or right to the correct position?

Isn’t that because they swipe from left to right now and not fixed.

1 Like