Sync 3.4.21098 - Feedback & Issues

Updated my Indian EcoSport sync 3 to 3.4.21098. It works like a charm. Faster Android auto response and overall screen UI.

Not sure if Navigation works on MID for apple carplay. Works well with Android auto

However do check the available memory space in your APIM before installing.

1 Like

Had quite the day. Recently upgraded my Fusion from Sync 1 to 3. Tried to install the last update 21020 with new maps. The update worked but the maps remained the same. Used syncupdater to try the downgrade method and the new update 21098. Worked great!! Only took 30 minutes total. So far the only things I can tell that are different is the Radio Screen is different somehow but can’t explain exactly what it is. Also the climate control screen buttons are now orange when you turn them on as before they were blue. Other that that everything works great. Added the calm screen also. Unable to get the HD Radio icons as I live in the US.

1 Like

Not sure if this may just be something with my system but on previous versions (both 19101 and 21020) when using Android Auto the transition from voice/prompt to music wasn’t perfect. Usually I have voice/prompt volume a little higher and once a prompt completed and returned to music it would hold that same volume for a brief moment before going to the designated audio/music volume. Seems it’s been resolved now. The transition is super smooth, no delay or odd volume issues. Same exact phone (Pixel 4a). Also tried with multiple audio sources including AA apps as well as USB and FM sources in Sync itself.

1 Like

F150Chief. All original equipment. The firmware has not been updated that I know of. The buttons do slide to each side by swiping and I can correct the alignment by swiping. So the only issue is the alignment is off when I start the truck or if the screen refreshes after an alert, call, text, etc. I may try to do another Master Reset and see if that makes any difference. Stay tuned.

Master reset fixed the issue until I cycled the power.

I searched for this issue and came up with several reports from the Ranger5g and F150Forum, as well as others. Apparently not an isolated issue. Ideally the row of buttons are supposed to ‘snap’ into position but that does not always happen. I recreated it today on my F-150 with Sync 3.4.21098 by slowly moving the presets until they stuck like you describe. I really would not say this is a ‘bug’ but rather just the behavior of the scrolling feature.

That’s the conclusion I have come to. Thanks for the research and assistance.

Any reason for this update? Just curious as I have just went to 3.4.210.20 just a couple weeks back? Any published fixes or findings yet?
Thank you

Went 21020 → 21098 this morning using an APP only autoinstall in my '19 Fiesta (non-nav, 8GB). No issues, seems fine. Upgrade took about 10 minutes.

Ford doesn’t give update notes. Could be bug fixes or performance improvements. Could be literally nothing but tweaking the color of a button.

Could someone check if the glitch is still there with the usb audio playback?

Yes the audio glitch is still present.

All seems fine to me for this release.

Installed on 2020 F250 & everything seems to be functioning properly. No issues to report.

Are the 2.20 (2020) - NA maps broken?

I got a failed download every time trying to go from Sync 3.4.19101 (currently installed w/ 1.19-2019 maps), attempting to go to Sync 3.4.21098 w/ the 2.20 (2020) - NA maps

It failed at least 3 times on two different computers. I had to do the APP only upgrade to get to Sync 3.4.21098, which is working just fine.

Just want to do an entire clean format to go to the latest and greatest of:
Sync 3.4.21098 w/ the 2.20 (2020) - NA maps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and we all really appreciate the work involved with this site and Syn3Updater tool! Keep up the good work! :grin:

Hi folks, what is the benefit of the new version? I use the version 3.4.21020 …

Maps are fine, its the servers that are not always reliable (presumably due to high rate of download). You just have to keep trying the downloads until eventually it works. You could also copy the URL for the package and manually download it and then place it in the Syn3 Updater folder.

It will then skip downloading the package within the app and proceed to make the USB.

There isn’t anything of much note in this new version. Presumably under the hood bug fixes.

Yeah blips in the download are not handled well via Syn3 Updater so if you have like Internet download Manager or Chrome’s built in downloader it is usually more forgiving for “blips” in the download

Great. Was it by simple Auto update method or Downgrading and then Reformatting ? As its a Non navigation unit.