Hi all. Was speaking with 150Chief privately but thought I throw a post in the feedback area. Long story short, I did the update to this release about two weeks ago and after doing so I started experience camera issues from my factory camera. Even popped a DTC code C1001, Electrical issue. I know my 2015 Mustang have a TSB similar to other Ford vehicles where the wires are to short and stress will cause them to break. Checked those all yesterday and everything was normal. So I back rev. to 20198. As of this post everything seems to be working normally again. Maybe this will be repaired with a new build but for now going to stay at 20198 and hope things do not come back.
They did just issue a recall this week with close to 500k Fords with backup camera issues. Had to do with Circuit board issues. Although it seems to be newer Years. Ford & Lincoln Recall 2020 Models Faulty Backup Cameras - Consumer Reports
I suspect that there has been a change in the Sync software to address the OEM camera issue and that it has inadvertently affected aftermarket cameras and OEM cameras that attach directly to the APIM rather than the IPMB 360 View module.
This campaign covers US vehicles only.
Vehicles Recalled (all are from the 2020 model year)
• Ford F-150 trucks built between Oct. 26, 2019, and May 18, 2020
• Ford Explorer SUVs built between Nov. 16, 2019, and May 18, 2020
• Ford Mustang coupes and convertibles built between Nov. 18, 2019, and May 26, 2020
• Ford Expedition SUVs built between Oct. 30, 2019, and June 22, 2020
• Ford Escape SUVs built between Nov. 5, 2019, and May 18, 2020
• Ford Ranger trucks built between Dec. 9, 2019, and May 19, 2020
• Ford Edge SUVs built between Nov. 13, 2019, and May 26, 2020
• Ford Transit vans built between Oct. 28, 2019, and May 20, 2020
• Ford Super Duty trucks built between Oct. 30, 2019, and May 18, 2020
• Lincoln Corsair SUVs built between Nov. 14, 2019, and May 18, 2020
• Lincoln Nautilus SUVs built between Nov. 21, 2019, and May 26, 2020
RCLRPT-20V575-6708.PDF (220.3 KB)
Here is some history on this issue…
Ford Rear Camera Recall Subject Of New NHTSA Investigation - myCarVoice
Any idea what is the replacement TSB camera part number is for the Mustang. Maybe worth a try to replace.
In the TSB is the old camera that is involved. No new part numbers, but if you look this up, there will be a replacement listed for it, most likely.
Component Name 9 : Park Assist Camera
Component Description : Rearview Camera – Mustang
Component Part Number : FR3T-19G490-AF
The TSB identifies the issue as bad pin contacts on the camera PCB. It might be able to be repaired by re-soldering the contacts. Someone will need to take one apart to find out. You could revert back to the previous design, which in this case is compatible, FR3T-19G490-AE. These are going for about $65.00 US.
Update, almost two weeks in since downgrading to 3.4.21098 and my Factory 2015 Mustang Camera has had no issues or any DTC codes. Would pin point this to the new Sync Update 21194 as the issue.
Have you tried going to the latest 3.4.21265?
Since you only need to change APPS, you can go back and forth without reformatting really.
Spring time will give it a try. Baby is tucked in her blanket and away for the winter.
This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.