Sync 3.4.21194 - Feedback & Issues

It first I thought it was fixed, but then I noticed I’d lost IPC and Sync brightness synchronization. Brightness could be adjusted from Sync without flickering but it was independent from IPC and dashboard lights.

After a master reset, old behaviour was restored (brighness flickering and syncronization). Must say I didn’t try it outdoors with light sensor, but in my case the behaviour is the same when manually dimming with dashboad buttons.

I noticed I can call some phone contacts using the sync voice command now that didn’t work before. I had one, John & Linda, where I always had to say the whole thing to get it to work. Now just call Linda or call John work. I always forgot I had them in my phone that way and the damn thing wouldn’t take one name only. Maybe that’s something new, or dumb luck?

Has anyone verified that 21194 resolves the Sirius Travel Link issue that was present with 21098?

Much thanks for CL for the tool/resources to downgrade to 21020 in my 2020 F150 where the Sirius traffic info is used a lot!

You are in luck, yes. Take that with a grain of salt because the update has only been out like a week, but several reports from the F150 and F250 forums have indicated it does fix the issues. It did fix this issue in my 2019 Nautilus.

Just use the Syn3 Updater to autoinstall to 3.4.21194 with the new voice file also.

1 Like

Fixed the TravelLink issues on my Escape. No problems since updating to 21194.

2 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Cover Art not showing from USB Media Disk.

Thanks for sharing,
i updated from 21020, Maps F10 where hold, everything fine. no bugs found.

but the route calculation isn’t faster. the calculation of the routes (eco fast and short) (around 456km) through Germany takes more than one minutes.

some missing dab radio station icons of 21020 still exist in 21194. so i see no changes.

Hi,
I updated to 3.4.21194 from 3.4.21020, too.
But some missing dad radio icons of 21020 still exist in 3.4.21194. No changes on my side.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cover Art not showing from USB Media Disk.

Did you update to 21194? 21020 has issues.

Yes I did, but no changes.

Maybe the have only added some county specific radio stations like in the UK but not in France or Germany

1 Like

Updated today, came from 20196. The update fixed an Android Auto issue where incoming calls had no sound as announced by the Android Auto Team →

https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/4389113/no-sound-for-incoming-phone-calls-pixel-2-on-ford-sync-3?hl=en&msgid=117110811

See the recommended answer.

I am very happy they fixed this :slight_smile:

The screen flickering while dimming still exists for me.

Updated my 2017 Focus ST from 21020 to 21194 keeping maps. Update went through smoothly (~15 mins) and as far as I can tell it works just fine.

1 Like

Updated on my 2017 Mustang GT Premium from 3.0.19205 to 3.4.21194. Took around 30 min. No issues noted so far.

Updated 2015 Mondeo - took about an hour including maps. So far no issues & seems to load faster :blush:

Updated here with my Sync3 compatible Android PX6 and it went fine. < 15 minutes and no reformat needed. Master reset done and all is working

1 Like

Did the same today on my 17 ST. Update took about 15 minutes. Performed a reset and so far no issues. Ran the updater as auto (no reformat like going from 3.0 to 3.4)with keep existing maps.

1 Like