Sync 3.4.22110 & 2021 Maps - Feedback & Issues

There seems to be an issue. with the Syn3 Updater. I sent a PM…

@CyanLabs

3 Likes

Syn3 Updater is working…

Something broke when implementing Cut Down Map Package Generator - CyanLabs temporarily suspended this generator and restored a backup!

1 Like

Hey all,

I’ve done the update on my 2017 Mondeo using Syn3 Updated. All went smooth, around 50min with F11 maps, working as expected. I think the USB/BT stutter is also resolved, but I need to run more tests.

Thank you CyanLabs for all your work.

1 Like

Just letting you guys know that the USB Music resume issue is still present in this version. Since this is a milestone version, I expect this issue to never be fixed…

After i updated from 21265 to 22110 i got Bluetooth problem. My phone wont parred to the car, and the only way i got them parred was to use USB to connect thru Android Auto. Today suddently my phone disconnect and it wont reconnect befor a turn off the car and wait the system to shut down by lock the door and open them again. Is there othere that has same promblem ? i have try to made 3 times master reset and event a battery disconect try. Its on a Ford Fiesta Vignale MY20 from late August 2020 with Navi EU and Bang Olufsen Sound system

1 Like

Resume ? i had never problems with resume!

I’ve tried the map update 3 times and the last worked, didn’t changed the software number, I still have F10 on it.
Also tried the latest software which for me has bluetooth issues, reverted back to …048

same issues, I’ve reverted back to the previous version.

I’m sorry, I wasn’t specific enough. This is on a 2021 Escape PHEV Titanium. The issue was confirmed, documented and sent to Ford by my local dealership. But I moved on, I’m using an AAWireless adapter now and so I no longer deal with Sync 3 much. :slight_smile:

End this suppose to be a Major version. Blutooth suppose be one of thing that HAS to be fully working… Safty to people talk through the cars audio system and not hand hold the phone becase they fuck it up in one of the update they finally call major and all other just was RC… By the way if i look in other cars like VW, SKODA, PEUGEOT and so on, they have more modern looking system and its just wow. Ford system look very old and very boring :smiley: just my mention to it. I hope ther will be a 3.5 or a 4.0 lite version for us with sync 3 system and they finale make it modern to look at and more stable.

It takes long time to update. My update toke 2.5 hours and it reboot 4 time and finaly write it was finish updating and i got F11 then in system info. Make this update if you wanna make a LONG trip with the family becase sitting and just watch and the engine running for 2.5 hours make you crazy in the end :smiley:

I’ve waited one hour and something and it rebooted, If I will insert the usb again it will start all over again.

1 Like

Reformat will take about 1 hour, autoinstall will take 2-3 hours with multiple reboots

1 Like

I can not confirm any clock issues on MY2020. Clock is working fine.

I think you guys may misunderstand the “clock will stop during ignition off” but it likely only affects new cars anyway, this is from ford’s internal bug tracker itself.

Hi,

I’m having trouble installing Europe F11 maps.
I did the install in 2 fases. First the Sync update which went well.
Then second I did the maps update.
Complete install maps only, since I have a 2021 Focus MY2020 protection was on > Autoinstall.
I planned a long drive.
After almost 2 hours I got message that the update was complete and I could remove USB drive.
So I did.
After that I restarted the car and did a Master reset.
But it still shows Maps F10 version.

And, I can see new roads which were not present in the previous version.

How?

FYI, when I check on the Ford site, no updates are available for my VIN.
This was also the case before I started with Cyanlabs.

No install the USB with your map update… it will install and reboot and don’t touch the USB. it will automatically restart where it left off the install… this takes 4 reboot and around 2-3 hours and it will write if its finish and it will not do anything more… if you unplug the USB and reinstall it it will begin from start again and you never will get the udpate finish :smiley:

Well, mine is relative new (2020 Explorer and 2021 Explorer). So, is it just guessing with “new cars”?

Will we be able to Only Update Maps for the latest ROW release? or this requires the currently unfounded license file?

Currently the only available option is 2020Q4 from last year.

1 Like