Sync 3.4.22110 & 2021 Maps - Feedback & Issues

Yes but reformat is always best and quicker

OK, thanks lot

Installed half hour ago. No issues until now. Vehicle position found in new map after a few minutes.
I have made an option of not installing Gracenotes, but the option to configure Gracenotes to be used is still there (?).
A Master Reset was done after installation, as recomended.

1 Like

Yeah because ford (or whatever the sync 3 outsource company was called) are lazy so the option is always there

Completed reformat a few hours ago. No issues so far, but must mention it took several master reset AND a hard reset to get rid of all bugs, can’t remember if last reformat was as eventful.

As always, thank you for the support!

sometimes this is the case, other times just time is needed.

I see that they added a new Audio Listening Analytics option. I got a screen asking me if I wanted to share listing data when I started my truck today. It is also added under the general menu.

What issues did you encounter?

Hi all,

I’m trying to install the new version, but i dont understand why the metode of the installation is downgrade my actual version is the following: EU - Release: Sync 3.4.21194 - Map Version: F10 (2020) - EU (03 2021) and i installed that version in that install mode: Install Mode: Auto-Detect (reformat) Forced: False
But now trying to make my usb for the installer the installer metode is “downgrade” and i dont know if this is right.
https://gyazo.com/98e1c7ceae35f6391093fea6789a58c7
Greetings,

@Darkicrow Dont worry about the downgrade. It will do that first and than when it install’s everything else it will be fine and upgraded. It does this to save some space in the end.

2 Likes

So should i not change the metode?

Nope, Just let updater figure everything out. Make sure you put in the accurate info from your previous version correctly and it will do the rest. If you concerned than post your Interrogator log in a sepreate thread for review first.

2 Likes

Don’t overthink things, give Syn3Updater the correct information and it will give you the correct procedure.

At first, the usual nav error after reformat, which was corrected with the first master reset.

Then, I noticed the APIM wouldn’t power off after leaving the vehicule. I mean, screen did turn off, but as soon as I pressed the power button (or switched ignition on) it would inmediatelly turn on, no Ford animation and no visible loading time… Of course it could have been the update working exceptionally well, didn’t think so.

In order to correct that, I tried another master reset, no luck. Then I tried forcing a hard restart, which deleted all my recent configs (background, clock, bluetooh…), but that fixed the issue and after reconfiguring everything works perfectly now :smiley:

Yeah i reckon you were just being impatient, it was probably still sorting stuff out in the background

guilty as charged

Thx for the feedback, just one question for the downgrade metode of installation is enought with a pendrive 32Gb? or Should i use one more bigger?

thats a bummer, there has to be a way to reformat my20’s without bricking . i did install the latest update. so far so good. also did a factory reset. seems that most logos are “newer” some are missing but i know they weill show after a few days of driving. nice to see at least some of the new SXM logo appear as default with the build.

That’s good to know!, thanks.
But as later said, maybe you didn’t give it enough time.

This is stated in the documentation, for ANZ thats fine.

1 Like