Sync 3.4.22200 - Feedback & Issues

Yes as per the documentation

Wanted to ask again if there is any info if aftermarket cameras are now usable or if the image will continue to be dark?

I have not heard of any update on this issue.

You can always try it yourself.
Going back and forth between Sync3 versions is quite easy.
If it does not work, you can go back to your current Sync3 version and thatā€™s it.

1 Like

Is there still no reformat tool for MY20 ? sorry if i cant aske here, but i miss so much reformat tool when i had a my19 car

No

Itā€™s a leaked format tool from ford, after the first was leaked they have likely ensured a prod signed reformat tool doesnā€™t exist or if it does exist itā€™s heavily locked down.

Climate controls do not work correctly,A/C still reversed controls.

I was also having the issue with Waze freezing, and on previous versions as well. The way I fixed it was by denying the Location permission for the Android Auto app on my phone. No issues with my location updating on the Waze map since.

3 Likes

It will one day show upā€¦ By thet Way. I have seen today that ford mk8 facelift 2022 sync 3.4 had B&O written in menu by sound option settings. is it possible to get this also on my my20 3.4 sync ? is also feels much faster then my sync 3.4

2016 Expedition installed Sync 3.4.22200 today. Quick install with no issues.

good call out! that actually worked for me. google has really been irritating lately. i actually did go back to this version and it seems to be working.

1 Like

Thanks for posting thisā€¦done the same as you say and at last waze gps works again. Why in this day and age still get conflicts with car gps and phone gpsā€¦ poxy google lol. Cant wait to see what google destroy when Android Auto introduce split screen. Thanks again. Not something i would have thought to do.

1 Like

Installed Ford Fiesta 2018, EU with nav.
Everything went smoothly, no problems so far.

Hi, upgraded my Sync 3 from 3.0.19205 to 3.4.21194 to attempt to fix Travel Link issues. Still having the same problem with system saying travel link not available. Not sure what to try next. Everything else is working perfectly. Have contacted SiriusXM and they are not helpful other than telling me to take my truck into the dealer for diagnostics. Whatā€™s next?

Travel Link is only a 5 year subscription from the date of sale or dealer activation. You are very close to it running out if it hasnā€™t. It is a separate subscription than the SiriusXM radio package. On 3.4.21194 forward there are no issues with Travel Link, this was fixed in 21194.

The dealer cannot help you with this, donā€™t waste your money. This is a SiriusXM subscription issue, most likely. You need to look at your account on the SiriusXM website and determine if the subscription is still active. If you are in Hawaii or Alaska SiriusXM does not provide service in those locations.

1 Like

Thanks for prompt response.
I renewed my travelink subscription last friday. It did not work within 24 hours so I did some research and found that my version of sync was having issues with travel link. So I then upgraded to the version previously mentioned. Travel link is still not working I have confirmed with Sirius XM radio that my traveling subscription is active and they have sent refresh signals multiple times. I even have a dedicated case manager at Sirius XM radio.

Have you performed a master reset of the APIM? I would recommend this and them resend the refresh signal. You can send the refresh signal yourself from the SiriusXM website in your account page. Make sure that you go to the vehicle and start it within a few minutes of sending the refresh signal. Also make sure you are outside, not in a garage or structure. Updating to Sync 3.4.21265 is also recommended.

Did you add a new system, I added a new system and I had the same problem, and thanks to F150Chief and come to find out my system came from China which was counterfeit so I had to get me a new system that was made in Mexico and once I installed and uploaded it my travel link came back and itā€™s been working greatā€¦I hope this helpsā€¦

2 Likes

I have updated the sync 3 successfully but when i turn the car off and open the door screen doesnt turn off also i tried to do a master reset everytime i press continue it freeze nothing happens

Sounds like a hardware fault.