Sync 3.4.22251 - Feedback & Issues

Introduction

Sync 3.4.22251 has been found online and added to Syn3 Updater!

For each new release a specific thread will be created, please use this thread to post any feedback or issues you have noticed for the corresponding release.

Important Notes

This release only updates the APP package.

Rules

• Do not reply to this thread with general issues that are not specific to 3.4.22251
  • If you notice a bug or change specific to this feature report it below

Failure to follow the above rules will result in your post either being moved (if moderators or myself are feeling generous) or deleted without prompt

To clarify, MEM_ERR’s, Missing Logos, LST_ERRS etc should not be posted here, make a new thread using this Support Link

Install Methods

Syn3 Updater

You can update using Syn3 Updater

Quick Links

China : syn3updater://Region=CN;Release=3.4.22251
Europe: syn3updater://Region=EU;Release=3.4.22251
North America: syn3updater://Region=NA;Release=3.4.22251
Australia: syn3updater://Region=ANZ;Release=3.4.22251
ROW: syn3updater://Region=ROW;Release=3.4.22251

Manual Method

It’s also added to the manual method available at the below link

App Package URL

SYNC 3 Common Issues and FAQ’s

Official Issues

TBC

Community Spotted Issues

:warning: There’s an ongoing issue where rwdata partition is getting full, triggering some issues like settings going back to defaults and/or problems with upgrading to a different version. Check these threads for reference and workarounds:

Also, make sure to check F150Chief’s tutorial about the available recovery procedures: APIM Sync Settings Not Saving, VER_ERR08 Errors, Cannot Perform Master Reset or Upgrades/Updates.

It’s not yet clear if this is 3.4.22251 specific or not, users that got those issues are currently testing other builds. As said before, this is still ongoing.

Community Spotted Changes

Clock now works correctly on Non Nav units, broken in previous version

Technical Information from FMods

Package Name: NU5T-14G381-AB
Epoch: 1665525837000
Major Version: 3.4
Build: 22251
Build Date: 2022-09-08
Package Date: 2022-10-11
Release Date: 2022-10-27
List of Changed files: https://pastebin.com/V1m9ay8Z
Changes (based on diff):

• Updated some ifs, some bins and some libs
  • Added two BT Vehicle names: Mach-E and F-600
  • Some UI changes to Navigation view (10P Theme), Charge setting View (All themes), Customer Connectivity View (All Themes), System Update View (All Themes, but it’s not a UI change, just a logic behaviour change)

Most important thing:
Does JB works? YES

5 Likes

Due to some really strange issue I have had to split this thread

Old replies can be found here

1 Like

Excuse me for allowing myself to ask here about the map update. How often does it have to restart with the latest update? and can it fit in the sync info that it is still called F11?

Short answer, it depends of what you are doing. But between 1 and 3 (I’m being simplistic).
Create a new thread with this detail:

• log for the USB you are using (will show us what you are doing)
  • the output of the interrogator log ran against the unit (created with Syn3Updater, it will tell us information about the unit)
    Based on those, we will see we’re the unit stands and how to proceed.

Having issues with 22251 that include screen staying on, backup cameras staying on, and settings not persisting. I think rwdata is full. Can someone tell me the best way to resolve?

2020 F150

Interrogator logs below

VIN: 1FTEW1E42LFA14022
Version NU5T-14G381-AB
APIM Model: LU5T-14G371-CKC
APIM Type: Navigation
APIM Size: 32GB
APIM Free Space: 4.3G
7/6/2023 3:39:32 PM +00:00

Partition Type = Free / Total
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 12M / 1.5G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 12M / 1.5G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 12M / 1.4G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 10M / 1.4G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 2.9M / 951M
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 8.6M / 1.3G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 14M / 1.8G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 17M / 1.7G
/fs/sd/MAP/ = 6.7M / 1.4G
/fs/Nuance/ = 15M / 1.6G
/fs/Nuance/ = 10M / 1.1G
/fs/Nuance/ = 24M / 2.5G
/fs/Nuance/ = 3.2M / 465M
/fs/Nuance/grace = 5.8M / 775M
/fs/rwdata/ = 0 / 1.2G
/fs/rwdata/quip/ = 35M / 35M
/fs/rwdata/quip/ = 89M / 90M
/fs/mp/ = 84M / 1.4G
/fs/images/ = 4.3G / 25G

Installed Packages
4U5T-14G421-CAE
4U5T-14G421-CBE
4U5T-14G421-CCE
4U5T-14G421-CDE
4U5T-14G421-CEE
4U5T-14G421-CFE
4U5T-14G421-CGE
4U5T-14G421-CHE
4U5T-14G421-CJE
4U5T-14G422-CAK
4U5T-14G422-CBE
4U5T-14G422-CCE
4U5T-14G423-CC
5U5T-14G391-CS
4U5T-14G424-CE

APIM AsBuilt
DE00: AA2A010304022B00048A
DE01: 55530103F402429080004005
DE02: 0000010300
DE03: 000014000E0008
DE04: 1A681A6838A4
DE05: B0
DE06: 46003300000000029A000056569200C8

As clearly stated on the opening message, check → APIM Sync Settings Not Saving, VER_ERR08 Errors, Cannot Perform Master Reset or Upgrades/Updates

I have checked that thread and have attempted master reset, soft reset, reinstall of only gracenotes, removal of gracenotes, and downgrading. No luck with any of those. If I missed some advice, I apologize, but these steps arent working for me.

1 Like

Hello.
Sadly, no. All the information we gathered about resolving the issue is basically condensed on that troubleshooting thread. You may also read these ones, which are not a condensed guide bug a general discussion about these issues:

As said before, these threads are longer, maybe you will find some hope or light based on other people’s experience.

But again, all known issues to solve the issue are condensed in the guide/tutorial.

Thanks for the response. If there is anything I try that yields results, outside of jailbreak which I haven’t tried yet, should I post details here?

Did you use Forscan on it?

Oh, please do. If under your own scenario none of the described solutions work but you find something else, that will help others in the future as well. It would be preferable for you to update any of those threads, I’ve reopened them since they were closed. It’s better to have a discussion over those threads, not here.

At this point we do not really know why the described workarounds work for most people but not for a small % of users.

Are you referring to the FORScan master reset?

I have a few mods via FORScan but I don’t think any on the APIM.

I only ask because the power issues you mention are also something that can come from a wrong AsBuilt setting in the APIM.

Many people need help with problems but then neglect to mention they made changes to the AB with Forscan. Not saying that is your problem but it could be if you had made changes to the APIM.

Good point. These issues are definitely from 22251. I’ll confirm in anotherp ost in the thread.

Add another confirmation to issues with 3.4.22251 and the procedure to fix them as laid out here.

I was able to confirm my rwdata partition was full using the Log Interrogator. None of the easier procedures such as master reset or soft reset worked for me. I also attempted a downgrade, installation of Gracenotes only, and a few other things mentioned in these threads.

I was hesitant to leverage jailbreaking the unit out of worry on how difficult it could be, but for those that ae intimidated like I was, don’t be. The documentation found on this forum and at FMods is super easy to follow. I also used Forscan to soft reset my APIM which made things even easier.

Cleared the rwdata partition and then after an upgrade to 23088 everything seems back to normal.

I had to do the same thing on my f-150 with 3.4. 22251, could not do a master reset, could update to any version. Did a Jailbreak and cleared the rw/data folder and then I was able to do a master reset and downgrade to 3.3 and reformat upgrade to 3.4.23188!

Thanks

Other with the same problem.

Partition rwdata full.

If I upgrade to version 3.4.23188 with syn3updater, which in principle solves the problem of the full rwdata partition, do I lose the Ford warranty?

Thank you very much in advance.

Your logic is flawed

In most countries warranty is only void on the part of the car that has been modified, they USUALLY can’t void your entire car warranty including engine etc for a modification to a stereo. just like they can’t void your stereo warranty cuz you remapped your ECU. probably not all countries but a lot.

Secondly, If you research how this all works you will understand that no non Ford signed code can be ran on SYNC 3 without jailbreak, it uses cryptographic signatures (private/public key pair - extremely common in software engineering) to ensure integrity.

CyanLabs and therefore Syn3 Updater do not make use of the jailbreak in any way shape or form. we simply use an official (but unreleased) Ford reformat tool to fully wipe, repartition and install SYNC 3 from scratch (if using reformat mode) otherwise it’s a simple install like ford would do.

furthermore the files used that you install on to your SYNC 3 unit are the same regardless if done from Syn3 Updater, CyanLabs manual method or Ford directly, we host NO files, all files are hosted on Ford’s azure blob, except the reformat tool which is hosted externally on dropbox, not associated with us but the hash is checked to ensure no malicious modification.

TL;DR Ford almost always can’t void entire car warranty for modification to a software package on your stereo, all files used by CyanLabs are signed by ford therefore are ford packages. only ford have their private key. Ford finding out, when the version used is already officially released is unlikely. especially if you are already on 3.2+

EDIT: That said as per the disclaimer in Syn3 Updater

CyanLabs will not be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use of this application or the associated guides. This process is not approved by any vehicle manufacturer and may void any warranty/agreement you may have in place

thanks for the education