Sync 3.4.23088 & F12 EU / 2.22 NA / 2.22 ANZ Maps - Feedback & Issues

Because this is for reporting issues/feedback with the build, this is not a issue with the build, this is you failing at reading documentation and not being able to update. post a new topic.

Looks like you are trying to install larger files than your APIM can fit, Nav on Non Nav or EU on NA etc.

So one thing Iā€™ve noticed potentially is it feels like the ā€˜dictationā€™ type nav commands (asking for an actual address or POI name for example) are a bit more responsive at least on mine (No JB OC yet). Seems they are taking much less time than previously to acknowledge and come back with a result. May very well be a placebo and no direct quantitative info to provide. So take this with a huge pile of salt.

1 Like

Also on the latest build 3.4.23088 I have noticed there is less unnecessary voice prompts going on which is good.
For example when you activate voice control the screen just comes on with no comment. Also when you later issue a command to cancel a route re SatNav you do not now get a reply to confirm that instruction, the system just goes ahead and cancels the route.

Make sure you donā€™t have the ā€˜Advancedā€™ option (forget the actual naming) in the voice settings. Sounds like what you have enabled. It just makes all the voice prompts more terse.

I am aware of that setting but it is not enabled.
Ford have just discarded some voice prompts that were unneccessary apparently with the latest build.

works perfect ā€¦opgraded from 3.4.22200 F11 to the one , no problems.

Hey just general question. Ive downloaded this version 23088. When will the 2023 maps come out if u have any idea. Thanks. I see they only 22 maps at present for anz

Normally the maps are around 12 months behind so probably early next year.
I am basing this on the '21 maps coming out early in 2022 and the '22 version released just recently.
Also Ford tend to release them with the latest software update.

These maps are not up to date. The city bypass built 2 years ago is on the map, but the last roundabout intersection is missing. Iā€™m afraid to go anywhere else on the road.

These are the latest maps available, this is 2022, ford is always a year behind. Complain to ford.

3 Likes

Those were removed a few builds ago. Maybe you didnā€™t pull the latest voice package in a prior update?

1 Like

Iā€™ve update from previous version to this one and in total it took around 1 hour to update with no issue.
After that I created an interrogator usb and create an xml file. This time there is no blank AsBuild info but interrogator kept restarting the system until I took it out. The created XML couldnā€™t be used in Ford website. Itā€™s already says that itā€™s updated with the previous version and map also keep saying thereā€™s an update even after uploading the xml file.
These are the things the Iā€™ve noticed in this version.
Thanks for the app and your great work.

Just for clarification, this is totally expected and normal.
This is from the toolā€™s guide:

Once done insert the USB drive in to your car, wait for installation complete and remove the USB drive.

So the user is supposed to remove the USB after the completion message is displayed, if not an ā€œinterrogator loopingā€ will happen.

Thank you for the feedback!

1 Like

Hy,

i have a issue after the latest Update.
The Update was succsessfull.
When i go the the Ford Homepage an log in into my Account, there is no Sync Button and when i klick on Maps Update, a Message occour with ā€œError, please try again laterā€
this happend since a week and i tried a Reset and a Master Reset on my Sync.

is the a Solution?

Thanks.

Did you update through the Ford update system or Cyanlabs?
What 3.4 version and build do you have now?

The latest Version from Cyanlabs.

Version 3.4.23088, maps 2.22?

By updating with Cyanlabs for software and maps you have now exited the Ford update system so updated details will no longer be on your Ford profile and a soft reset and master reset will have no effect on the Ford site as the reset purpose is just to clear any bugs from your new sync update.

If everything is working fine all you need to do from now on is to check the Cyanlabs site from time to time for the latest updates of software and maps.

You can no longer go back to updating through the Ford updating system for your 2019 model as their sync 3 updates for your car ceased at version 3.0. 20204. :wink:

Hmm no,

it worked well the last time.

My Car is from 2019 and all Updates where availible till now. (Stock Version was 3.2ā€¦)

Ford offered me the latest Updates, but Cyanolabs are much faster to install.

1 Like

What update version did Ford offer you?

If you havenā€™t currently got sync 3 version 3.4.23088, maps 2.22 then you havenā€™t got the latest version.
The previous version was 3.4.22251, maps 2.21.

If your car model is a 2019 model Ford could not offer you 3.4 versions.

Ford only offers their 3.4 version updates for 2020 + models with sync 3 to my knowledge.

If you have an earlier model as in your case you can only get the 3.4 version through Cyanlabs.

My Mondeo is Model 2020 in Germany
the last Sync Version was 3.4.22251and Maps F11 from Ford!

Now i have 3.4.23088 with Maps F12

believe me, Ford offerd the actual version.