Sync 3.4.23088 & F12 EU / 2.22 NA / 2.22 ANZ Maps - Feedback & Issues

Not tested the voice controls since the update. Will try it today.
Update. Works fine. See detailed reply below.

I installed EU map F12 and got "system updated# but it still show F11.

Post a new topic, using the template, providing all the information!

Updated my S-Max 2017 from 3.4.22251 and F11 to 3.4.23088 and F12 and it alle went very smooth. Very user friendly, without shutting down/restart the engine. Whole procedure tooks about 55 minutes, from downgrading to install the latest version and maps. Donated you some cups of coffee. Many thanks!

1 Like

Yes, it works

Voice Nav address entry tested on a 3 stage journey. 1) Spoke the entire address, which was found correctly. 2) Spoke a postcode, found correctly, 3) Spoke destination favourites, spoke results line No, found correctly. 4) Spoke Cancel Route. So voice seems to work very well.
A major retrograde change introduced in my previous version (3.4.22251, F11 maps) has been reversed.
The issue with that version (don’t know if it was due to Sync version or F11 maps) was that you could no longer enter a complete address via voice. You had to spell the town, spell the street, say the house number. On many occasions the house number could not be found, so the street mid-point was the only option.
Now, with 3.4.23088 and F12 maps, it’s back to the way it always was and the complete address can be spoken and entered in one go.

1 Like

Installed 23088 last week. Master Reset. Changed a few settings, including Display to Night. No issues for a few days. Yesterday noticed the Display changed back to default (Auto).

Update: now settings going back to default occuring frequently. Especially the Displaying going to Auto when I had set it on Night. Does this while driving in the car even.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: [MOVED] Help upgrading maps

I updated my 2017 F150 from 3.4.22251 and NA 2.21 to 3.4.23088 and NA 2.22 and all went perfectly. The entire thing took 25 minutes, from downgrading to 3.3 and then installing the latest version and maps. I also did this on my wife’s 2011 Edge which was upgraded to Sync 3 about a year ago with the same configuration as my truck and it works perfectly.

1 Like

After a few days of testing, I can confirm the Navigation bug is still present with 23088.
The two settings that keep reactivating themselves after disabling them are “Breadcrumbs” together with the “North up” maps view.

It’s not a big deal since it happens once in a while, but since it’s not related with the out of memory scenario, perhaps it’s worth mentioning it.

EDIT: i’m driving a 2018 Focus, ANZ region

My 1st post here. Started using SYN3 Updater last summer and updated to 3.4.22200, 22251, and now 23088 without issue. Cyan Labs made the update process very easy to do.

Just a couple of suggestions:

1. In your training manuals, please make it clear that even though SYNC tells you to remove the USB and restart the car in the first couple of minutes of the process, SYN3 Updater needs to have the USB inserted for the entire process. I followed the car’s instructions the first time and had to restart the process.

2. Make it a little clearer that users will need to pair their smart phones again after the process has completed. This time it was not a big deal for me, as I just replaced my smart phone and had to remove the old one from SYNC.

3. While I have a dedicated USB drive for SYN3 Updater, I let the program reformat the drive each update. That may address some issues other user have with their USB drives.

4. Add my name to the list of those wanting SYN3 Updater to update the radio station/satellite radio logos with each update. I’m in the USA so I would need Sirius/XM and HD Radio logos.

I’ve been so satisified with Cyan Labs that I went ahead and became an annual supporter so they can continue their work in making our lives easier. Thanks again guys.

CAR INFO–2017 Ford Escape Titanium with the Sony Infotainment system
REGION–North America/USA
CURRENT VERSION of SYNC–3.4.23088
MAP VERSION–NA 2 22

Have you master reset?
Did you upgrade via reformat?

If you’re asking me:

Yes I did the master reset
I used the defaults to upgrade. After I hit START, I get the 3 pop ups

1. I confirm this is not a MY20 system
  2. Since I used this drive with SYN3 Updater before do I want to reformat the USB for this use–YES
  3. Acknowledge I’m using this product at my own risk and won’t hold Cyan Labs responsible if my system gets bricked.
1 Like

Of course, in fact i’ve tried master reset several times back in 22251 when this issue first appeared, no changes.

As for reformat, I believe it’s the only available method for installing a full APPS+MAPS package here in Argentina with no ESN, I could be wrong.

Anyway, a few minor settings being activated it’s not a huge inconvinence, just wanted to let you know about it.

Thank you for confirming.
If a reformat and master reset was made, then yes, it’s a bug. No issues with the rwdata partition, since the unit has been reformatted.
You may want to check if older versions solve that.

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Just seems weird no one else has reported it.

As for downgrading yes, I could try it as I am 99% sure this wasn’t present a few builds ago. For the time being I’ll keep things as they are.

A post was split to a new topic: [MOVED] Random discussion

Hi, Thanks for the positive words and support.

About your suggestions though, unfortunately i don’t agree on any of them, as explained below.

I fail to see how i can make this any clearer (unless there is some other location where the documentation doesn’t mention this?)

Failing to follow the instructions in our document will just mean you have to re-insert the USB again, nothing bad will happen.

A master reset is pretty self explanatory, if you factory/master reset any device it loses it’s configuration, tablets, phones, tv’s, computers, etc. I don’t think more text to clarify this point (so even less people read it will help)

The issues are not related to this but it never does any harm to run a quick format on the USB drive via Syn3 Updater.

I don’t understand what list, nor what this is even about, Sirus XM logos are not controlled by SYNC 3 IVSU’s, this is not something CyanLabs can ever resolve.

No, @SaNdMaN wasn’t replying to you. You can see in the top right corner of the post who the reply was directed at.

Appreciate your feedback.

Your message is offtopic, and has been deleted, twice (as per the very first message on this thread).

Create a new thread using the template, complete all the fields.

GUYS! how is it so difficult to understand that any issues not related to this build do not go here. people want to know what issues exist in builds, when it’s full of 100+ BS non related shit posts they can’t do that. keep it clean!, from now on i won’t be moving posts that are wrongly posted here, instead they will be deleted without warning!

2 Likes