Sync 3.4.23188 - Feedback & Issues

The absence of Sirius labels appears to be a common ‘quirk’ with the latest updates.

For me, most seem to be there. Definitely outdated ones (classic rewind, alt nation, 70s on 7) and some channels do not have a logo at all.

Ford officially released 23188.

1 Like

I just updated to this version and I can tell the DAB stations are not working :frowning:

LE:
also the brightness is buggy, if I turn on the lights the screen is dimmed, then if I try to adjust it from settings it has no effect.

Sometimes while I drive is going very bright then going back to low bright….

And entire unit it feels more laggy.

There is any chance to downgrade to 3.0.xxxx ?

Dab works fine,

Brightness issue you should read our FAQ

Unit is laggy you should master reset

It’s not possible to downgrade to 3.x as clearly stated in many places

I have problem with radio logs. Here is my story. Ford EDGE US 2019 for NAM region
All works (radio logo) even with update to 3.4.22251 but of course I had problem with rwdata partition so I made downgrade with Sync 3 Updater - downgrade tool (to 3.3.19052) then I made update to 3.4.21265. From 3.4.21265 I do not have radio logos. From 21265 I jumped to 3.4.23188 and still do not have radio logo. Could you help me to bring it back as with 3.4.22200 all works fine.

The USA does not have Radio logo’s. Do you mean Sirius Station Logo’s?

I apologize if this has been covered somewhere before. I was unable to find an answer.

I have a 2020 Edge with navigation. I realize that installing the new map package is generally a no go because of the reformat and license issues. I am already on 3.4.23188, and just want to update the maps. I was able to download and create a installer package on a flash drive by downloading the custom maps, and selecting all of the options under the North America section, as well as the voice package. I also entered the generated key into the Generator Key field.

Using the Syn3 Updater, I left the Forced Install at “No”, and the MY20 Protection settings at Auto.

My question is, if I plug the flash drive into the car, will it work? Or do I risk bricking the unit?

Hey guys, I’m from Brazil, I updated my Fusion 2018 AWD EcoBoost and my father’s 2018 Focus to Sync 3.4.23188, and I noticed that there is a problem with music failing (jump music), it happens both on Apple CarPlay (iPhone 13 Pro, with original cable), as for Bluetooth, you can’t know when it will happen, but it happens. I thought it was a USB problem, but it also happens with Bluetooth, I’ve tried all possible solutions (turned off Wi-Fi, master reset, wiped devices, reset CarPlay, reinstalled Sync), but it always happens. This is very sad, I believe the system would be perfect if it weren’t for this inconvenience.

Are new Sync builds still released, or was this the last?

Thanks.

Only updated the system from 3.4.23088, the little I have tested works well.

So brought my '20 Escape in for APIM reflash as per the TSB. Dealer tried and advised did not work. Picked up car, went through having system recognize CarPlay phone, and on restart, had retained settings. Was able to then upgrade from 22251 (checked and this version was still showing as the one in use) to 23188. Did dealer’s attempt to reload 22251 clear rw data? I will always wonder if reloading 22251 would reset memory and then allow upgrade.

As for 23188, everything came back to life and is working perfectly (so far)!

All clear, the solution with the GPS and the Ambilight is: after the update, do a hard reset, close the car and wait 10 minutes. Then start it and everything works. ( Smax 2.0 Biturbo ) 2020

Hey there, just updated from 3.0.20204, map F6 to latest version 3.4.23188, map F12. Region Europe.
I have a Ford C-MAX 2015, everything runs perfectly fine
Thx for the update and the tool!

1 Like

In my case it has a bug like 3.4.23088, the emergency call contacts disappear and you have to select them again. Does anyone else happen to you?

Got 3.4.23188 installed and yesterday I upgraded from F8 to F12 maps.

-Edit Radiotext is working. I figured it out. The trackinformation was working while using the stations app with the phone connected through usb. On Dab+ they only broadcast the station name through radiotext.

Perfect install on my 2019 Ford Expedition of 3.4.23188, including maps.
Confirming no issues, bugs and everything works as it should.

Hi there,
I recently updated my Sync 3.0.20204 to 3.4.23188 and lost the direct tune button, in it´s place appears a Traffic button which apparently do nothing, at least in my country Argentina
Does anyone have any comment regarding this issue?
Thanks in advance

Thank so much for the great updates over the last several years. I recently updated to 3.4.23188 with no problems using the app. Took a while to download everything including NA Nav options, but it was bearable. About 20 or so minutes to update in the car and everything is working properly. I was already expecting my climate controls to be removed with this update, I rarely used the screen for this function anyways. It was helpful to re-sync the climate settings after someone else changed the passenger temp, but I’ll live without it. One thing I did notice is that when on the home screen and using my ipod (usb), when I turn off the car, the ipod continues to play on the built in speaker. If I change from the home screen to the audio screen, when I turn the car off, the ipod reacts (I assume) how it’s supposed to act, in that it auto pauses and does not continue to play through the built in speaker. I haven’t seen this posted in any of the forums, and I know ipods are kind of on their way out, but I think it is actually effecting my battery. Any ideas?

Hey,

updated today my ford focus 2019 from 3.4.21265 to 3.4.23188 + F12 without any issues. Sync update took about 15min and Maps about 1h to complete.

Smooth install as always with the updater.

thank you.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Issue with call having no sound