Sync 3.4 - DTC U0140:00-0B - Lost Comm w/ BCM

Team,
First, THANKS to everyone for all the previous help! I just need to clear this last code, and I’m home free.

2015 Ford Escape Titanium NA on Sync 3.4

Long story short- purchased the SUV with Sync 3.0 (w/ Nav) installed. Previous owner must’ve upgraded. I updated to 3.4. Everything worked except for SWC and onscreen A/C controls. Before knowing that there was an AB database, I found a nearly exact 2016 FE and loaded that cars AB APIM values, and everything works as it should (SWC, climate controlled via screen, nav, etc). Only issue I have now is that I now get the U0140:00-0B DTC (lost comm w/ BCM). Nearly exact to what happened here:

In that thread, it was suggested to change this value, which I had hoped might solve my issue as well, but no luck:

7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx *x–
(Changed 8 to 0)

Here are my old and new APIM values, in case anyone wants to take a look:

ALSO, how do I figure out if I have CGEA 1.2 or 1.3?
In 1.3, there is a value in the BCM that reads: APIM Avail Config - Location 726-44-01: xxxx-xxxx-x*xx
Values
0=Disabled
1=Enabled

1. I don’t know if I have 1.3 (can’t see this AB option in 1.2) and 2) my 726 values only go to 726-05. How do i get to 44?

And that’s it. You now know everything I do about this situation.

Once again, THANKS for all the help, and I’m here to try anything you might suggest.

Happy Wed!

ss

SYNC Region: NA

Navigation Variant: Nav

Manufacturer Year: Unknown

Install Type: Retrofit

Old SYNC Version: 3.0

New SYNC Version: 3.4

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?
U0140:00-0B

Update Method: CyanLabs Manual Method

If you have a Gateway Module (GWM) than you have CGEA 1.3

Reset your BCM module and this should go away.

Huge thanks for the reply and help, Bill!
Unfortunately, resetting the APIM and BCM doesn’t delete the DTC (I also delete the DTC list and reset all DTC modules, but no luck so far).

Something I noticed, when I change the ICAN value, the 3rd number also changes to what the 1st one is. So if the final four numbers are: 808C, changing the first 8 also changes the 2nd 8. Figured I’d mention that, just in case.

What are your thoughts on changing the 726-44 values? Any way for me to reach that one?

Any other suggestions I might try?

THANKS AGAIN!
::

Usually, this error pops when you have a dead or low battery. It will also set when you program a module with Forscan and it resets the network. I am assuming your APIM shows this error and not the BCM? It could also be that your 52 pin is wired wrong since we know this is a retrofit because the 2015’s never came with SYNC 3. It also could be a bad APIM AB setting. Post your AB for your APIM and we can check it. I am working the next 4 days so not sure how quick I will get to it. Alsop need to know if you have a GWM.

726-44 only has 2 digits you can change. The last to are the check digits. Those last 2 will calculate and change automatically in Forscan depending on what you set the first digits to. All lines do this.

Thanks a million Bill! I’ve attached my old and new AB values in my first post (txt file saved in dropbox).

I want to try this change. BUT if my BCM only goes to 726-05, how do I reach to 726-44?

Thanks again!

The only way to get more values in a module is to upgrade the Calibrations/Firmware. But not all modules will take newer Calibrations. You can try replacing it with a newer one but you gotta do your research on that as I am not familiar with the Escape architectures as I have rarely messed with one.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.