SYNC 3.4 latest update won’t load maps

I recently upgraded my sync to to sync 3 in my 2014 F150. I installed the gps antenna but noticed I had no map packs loaded. I then installed the 3.4 update and it will not load the maps. I get a red screen saying error and the map code. If I delete all the maps update 3.4 works fine but no GPS. Anyone have any advice? Thanks

Is this a NAV unit? The GPS antenna is required for either NAV or NON-NAV, and is not the cause of the issue.

You should run the APIM Interrogator Utility to determine the health of the unit and storage space.

Tutorial: APIM Interrogator Utility - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community

Yes it’s a nav unit out of a 2019 escape SEL. I also bought and installed a quality antenna. When I go into test settings the GPS antenna is reading and communicating with satellites.

Sounds good.

What version Sync are you currently at and do or did you have maps working before? Can you post the file from the APIM Utility above?

I had maps before with my sync 2. The maps have never worked on sync 3

1 Like

Scroll down on that page and pic the rest of the info, disconnect carplay before you do.

So I temporarily disabled Navigation in forscan until I get it working. Before it shows the maps but there was no version listed.

So you had a map button, just to be sure…?

You should run the APIM Interrogator Utility to determine the health of the unit and storage space. Post the xml file here and we can see what needs fixed.

Tutorial: APIM Interrogator Utility - Ford / Guides & Info - CyanLabs Official Community

This is the APIM from the 2019 escape sel I got the screen and apim from.

You need some adjustments to the asbuilt. If you could get me the xml file as mentioned above I can help you with this. I will need the VIN of the 2014 F150 also, but don’t post that here. I’ll pm you for the VIN.

Thanks for your help. I will grab that info shortly.

Just curious how difficult the apim interrogator is to install and use?

https://cyanlabs.net/docs/syn3updater/page/create-interrogator-log-usb

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.