Sync 3 error while updating insert stick drive

That’s where I selected at the beginning

Please read our documentation like you stated you have!

specifically this part
https://community.cyanlabs.net/t/explanation-of-each-syn3-updater-tab/4032#settings-tab-8

I’m sorry for the hassle and many questions but what would you recommend download to USB DRIVE OR DIRECTORY ? and is there a way to find the files without downloading again or you prefer just re download to new usb ?

Just run the Sync3 Updater process like he mentioned on the new drive. Don’t try to do anything different unless you want more problems.

OK Lets make this clear!

SYN3 Updater DOES NOT download to a USB Drive regardless of what device you specify! Downloads are saved by default to your Windows Download Directory, this can be changed in the settings.

Files are checked to see if they already exist,

if not they are downloaded, validated against known checksums, then copied to the USB Drive
if they do exist then they are validated and copied to USB Drive, if the checksum fails the download is restarted

Re downloading again to a different usb hopefully this works thank you guy’s will keep you updated tomorrow

I don’t understand why you are redownloading, you already have the files on your computer unless you deleted them for some reason

When I downloaded it yesterday I selected usb and it went straight to usb did not saved on windows that’s why

That is not how my application is coded, you are wrong, you must have deleted the files for some reason

I wish I was wrong so I don’t have to wait to download is there any specific folder they download to I couldn’t locate it on my windows

C:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads

Is the default, again as mentioned in the documentation

Thank you very much guy’s I changed the USB DRIVE and it did worked you guy’s are awesome, one issue I ran into is GENERAL and VEHICLE options are not available ? Any help I would appreciate that :grin:

1. Master reset
  2. They are only available when the car is running or not running (can’t remember which off the top of my head)
1 Like

You guy’s are ROCK worked like it should be definitely gonna donate :call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.