Sync 3 HD radio

FYI, The Ford SYNC units don’t have the proper equipment for displaying the HD Radio “Artist Experience” (album art and radio logos). We indeed broadcast this info on all iHeartRadio stations and Ford is one of several manufacturers that just don’t display that art…even though there’s now obviously a spot for it. I much preferred the “centered” HD Radio text info before. They shouldn’t put a bland blue graphic there if it’s never going to show anything.

2 Likes

What?! @F150Chief should hear about this! , since there’s Kiss 95.1 and Hits 96.1 near me. @F150Chief said almost all HD radio channels don’t broadcast that type of stuff, for fees, etc. Thank you for that valuable information, @radiohouston! Here’s a picture of an iHeartRadio station that SHOULD be showing the info.

1 Like

KIIS Los Angeles?

IHeart has been broadcasting the info, but the pre-2019 radios don’t use it. Late 2019 radios and forward will display the info for HDRadio and SiriusXM, but it has to be broadcast.

@AndyG1714 I can confirm that those iHeart stations are indeed sending the right info. @F150Chief I have a 2021 Ford Bronco Sport and this radio is not displaying the album artwork…and our stations here in the greater Washington, DC market have been transmitting that data for years, along with KIIS-FM in LA as well.

If you run the Lincoln mode it will be centered.

I can’t test the HDRadio functionality but SiriusXM does work. Mostly…

1 Like

@F150Chief good to know about Lincoln mode though I don’t know how to get into it on the new Bronco. HD Radio album art seems to be something Ford just doesn’t and has never supported, so it’s weird to have this blue box and make folks think it does. I know SiriusXM works as does anything Bluetooth (like Apple Music or any other streaming service including the iHeartRadio Sync AppLink app). Just disappointing for fans of HD Radio’s clarity and bonus features.

Yep. Agree.

I think the buttons are FF on the steering wheel and FF on the console for about 8 seconds together.

1 Like

I’ll try that! Thanks for the tip.

@F150Chief I have a December manufactured vehicle so it should have this feature. If you work at Ford, tell your colleagues to work harder, please, because we can’t be left behind on technology with a 2020 vehicle.

1 Like

I don’t work there but I have discussed this with some of their developers, but sometimes their hands are tied. They are aware.

I’d say they’re just lazy or empty handed and disorganized.

1 Like

Any idea what would their hands be tied by? It was my understanding that they just don’t have the necessary chipset from HD Radio. However, album art for HD IS displayed in SYNC4-equipped vehicles.

For those who don’t know, it’s called the HD Radio “Artist Experience” (Artist Experience® - HD Radio -HD Radio)

They are aware and don’t want to say anything bad about themselves. I am still emailing this Ford IVT lady about this…

2 Likes

Not so sure about the album art on SYNC 4… haven’t seen it.

I could have sworn I did in a Mach-E video…but you may be right. I’ll do more research. Please let me know what you find out from the person at Ford! If you’d like me to send a note too, I’m more than happy to!

1 Like

Sync 4 is a completely new platform and chipsets. Which is good. I don’t know if it’s a chipset issue with Sync 3 or what, but the ACM is a 3rd party supply but specified by Ford. Those specifications have not changed from years ago until the new Sync 4 systems now available. And of course, cost…

1 Like

Also, @F150Chief, I meant Kiss 95.1 for Charlotte, not kiis fm.

1 Like

I knew which one you meant :wink: but either way they both broadcast album art on the HD Radio signals.

1 Like

Well see, because she said that if enough customers complain about this radio issue, then they’ll put more attention into it, which is ridiculous.

2 Likes