Sync 3 HD radio

Sync 4 is a completely new platform and chipsets. Which is good. I don’t know if it’s a chipset issue with Sync 3 or what, but the ACM is a 3rd party supply but specified by Ford. Those specifications have not changed from years ago until the new Sync 4 systems now available. And of course, cost…

1 Like

Also, @F150Chief, I meant Kiss 95.1 for Charlotte, not kiis fm.

1 Like

I knew which one you meant :wink: but either way they both broadcast album art on the HD Radio signals.

1 Like

Well see, because she said that if enough customers complain about this radio issue, then they’ll put more attention into it, which is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Is this what you meant? Maybe you thought it was fm. Also, not sure why they are obsessed with I Am Alive on all their videos.

Hahaha I saw that too - it’s in all their stuff. Must have actually been a video from the new F150 then… they definitely showed WDVD in the Detroit area with their multiple HD subchannels… either way, I sure wish they supported it. I’ve been wondering who to talk to about it.

1 Like

Me too. Just wish we could talk to the straight sync devs and say all their systems issues out loud, that would be funny.

1 Like

You forgot to answer my question, @F150Chief. Shouldn’t my system have the capability to show radio logos? My Transit Connect was manufactured late 2019, aka, December 2019. It came with version 3.3, if that helps.

For HDRadio and SiriusXM, logos yes, artwork no. That has been my experience and also documented in many of the forums.

Yes, I meant Radio logos on HD Radio. I’m not seeing it on the picture that I posted above.

HD Radio logos are sent the same way in the same data stream as the album art. Impossible to have one without the other.

1 Like

Sorry, I mistyped that…

For HDRadio no and for SiriusXM, logos yes, artwork no. That has been my experience and also documented in many of the forums.

However, you can have the logos without the album art if you store the logos in the app like Sync does for SiriusXM. For HD radio, I’ll take your word for it.

2 Likes

How can I store the images for FM? Would love to have a tutorial, and since I have never, I’m pretty sure I will have enough space.

Yeah I didn’t even know this was possible with Sync. In the UK, their radios use DAB and they actually do get the radio logos.

The SiriusXM logos are compiled with the Sync app. They are pretty small and don’t take much space. However, you would have to signal the correct logo for the station tuned between the APIM and ACM, which in the present hardware there is no provision for terrestrial radio. SiriusXM sat radio uses the SDL channel between the APIM and ACM for this purpose. This is a dedicated hardware channel specifically for this purpose.

DAB logos are stored on the Sync unit in a DAB Logo file specifically. They have the same issues with missing logos all the time. Here’s a few results from this forum…

So no radio logos on HD Radio? Thought you said that late 2019 apims had the capability to do so. Anyways, we’ll see with future updates and this in vehicle tech lady.

I thought the HD Radio logos worked in the US on the new ACM’s like DAB in EU, but they apparently do not with the Ford hardware. I don’t listen to any. My answer was based on other vehicles, like Dodge Ram trucks, which do display the logos correctly. Learn something new every day. Another thing Ford needs to fix, really…

2 Likes

Ford is really behind in technology…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.