Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files)

could you pls share a link for v2.4.3 test 20210808?Thank you so much

See your PM…

Updating APIM firmware does not give you Sirius logos as far as I can tell. Logos are provided only with a newer audio head unit as the newer models have a “proper” industry standard Sirius radio implementation. The last gen AHU’s do not provide logo support.

1 Like

Will someone share a link to the latest Forscan? devolper version where you can update apim

Hi sir,could you pls check the link?what downloaded from link is not an exe install file,seems corrupted.

You have to add the .exe at the end of the file name. This gets around the virus scanners, etc., which will not let you download files of that nature.

Make sure you update your adapters!
ScanTool OBDLink EX Firmware Notice - Ver. 5.6.19 Available - Ford / General - CyanLabs Official Community

I tried the APIM interogator but I’m not getting the .XML file. I downloaded the Syn3 updater, prep the USB, left it in vehicle, it said updating then went to complete. Inserted it into the laptop and still no .XML. I tried it twice and still the same result?

The surround buttons. The screen / touch works, steering wheel controls works just the surround buttons.

Not sure this helps but this is the file I’m using from the syn3 updater:
GB5T-14G386-AD_1606255780000.TAR

also tried
GB5T-14G386-AC_1587495565000.TAR

Check your inbox :slight_smile:

1 Like

The xml file will be in the SyncMyRide folder on the usb. Or did it not generate at all? -AC should work.

The panel with the play/FF, volume and tuning control is the FCIM. This panel my also control AC, etc. Connect FORScan and see if there are any DTC’s for the FCIM and APIM. It might be a simple fix.

Sorry, yes it did not generate at all. I had the message say updating, successful and then the restart but when I plug USB back into computer no .xml in the folder.

Ah right okay, I will be connecting it back up for shortly and I will get back to you.

many thanks

Don’t unzip the files.
USB drive file and folder structure:

Root:

• autoinstall.lst
  • DONTINDX.MSA
  • (folder) SyncMyRide
    GB5T-14G386-AC_1587495565000.TAR.GZ

snyc 3 buttons dont work - Ford / Sync 3 - CyanLabs Official Community

He has the same issue if you would like to discuss in his thread. I asked if he resolved the issue…

I fixed my issue. I’m not sure if you want to get back to him/her and make sure it’s MBR and not GPT. I had it exfat but I realized it’s still GPT.

I’ll pop you a message with the file now mate.

The VIN comes from the FCIM - well that certainly makes sense then, because my SYNC3 (Focus) FCIM did come from a different car - I actually had two of them to choose from, so I tested them both and picked the one that was in the best cosmetic condition.
So, then is the VIN hard coded to the FCIM at the time of production, or can it be reprogrammed with my actual VIN via Forscan or some other method ?

OK good to know on the SiriusXM logos. If I wanted to pursue this by sourcing a later ACM, what model year minimum should I be looking at ? And are the newer units also different with regard to the wiring and connector interfaces (power, speakers etc) ?

Late 2019, it will be a K or 4 starting the part number. You want one that is manufactured late 2019 at least. This will maintain the wiring format. You might have to add either 2 or 4 wires directly to the APIM, as your car will not have them. You can research this in this thread, it has most of the info.

2020 APIM/Screen and 2020 ACM Compatibility - Ford / Hardware - CyanLabs Official Community

Hey Pausenpepe,

i would like to update the APIM Firmware, you already have done this as i read in an thread. Can you help me in that case to understand how to perfom this?

i already ordered obdlink ex, have FORScanSetup2.4.3.test20210808

iam it systemadministrator and have got extended technical knowledge

See the beginning of this thread:
Updating APIM Firmware (Calibration Files) - Ford / Sync 3 - CyanLabs Official Community

Also, this is a good tutorial:

Make sure you update the adapter also:
ScanTool OBDLink EX Firmware Notice - Ver. 5.6.19 Available - Ford / General - CyanLabs Official Community

Provide a link that works for Forscan 2.4.3 … Latest version.

Sorry for the delay. Yes, the VIN can be programmed in the FCIM with FORScan. Attached is a FORScan codes sheet for the FCIM. You can see at the bottom there is an area for the VIN encoding, This is the alphanumerical VIN converted to HEX.

FCIM As Built Database.xlsx (67.2 KB)

If you like, just PM me the FCIM asbuilt in the vehicle now and the VIN of your vehicle and I can fix the asbuilt, or you can do it. You just need a hex converter to convert the VIN. Here is an online one that works well. Keep in mind these converters are CASE SENSITIVE.

ASCII to Hex | Text to Hex Code Converter (rapidtables.com)

The VIN shown in the pictures above would code out to:
31 46 41 44 50 33 4c 39 32 45 4c 31 36 39 30 38 34

Keep in mind this does not include the checksum bits at the end of each line. Just use 00 for those and let FORScan calculate and write the checksums.