Upgrading my 2018 Focus RS is not working

What is your SYNC Region? NA

What is your current SYNC Version? Says 3.0, BUT I upgraded it last yr to I think 3.2

Do you have Navigation? Yes

Do you have a error message, if so what is it? Nope, insert usb but nothing happens

Please paste your log output or provide the URL to your log file below

Please describe in detail your issue below:
Last year I upgraded the system to (I believe 3,2 … sorry I cannot remember), BUT when I went to look at my current version it says 3.0 Build 19205. Maps is: NA 1 15 (weird…)
I only have a Chromebook at the moment so I have to do this manually (which is how I did it the last time). I have built this twice now and both builds have not done anything when plugging them in the usb of the car (following the manual setup instructions on this site)
I have formatted the usb exfat as asked. (not sure if the usb is mbr or not as Chromebooks do not have a way to show this)
The usb drive looks exactly like it is supposed to (all files there) with the directory name even case-sensitive SyncMyRide like it shows in the directions.
Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do to get this fixed?
Sincerely, Paul

Do you wish to upgrade to Sync 3.4 with updated maps?
Do you have access to a Windows 10 pc/laptop?

Unfortunately the Syn3 Updater works on Windows only at this time, however, we can get this done manually. Just need to know what you want as the outcome…

I can get access to a PC but not tonight …
I did try this automated version but it kept crashing each time we started the download, so I tried the manual method again from scratch. Is there a specific usb drive I should be using (v2.0 or 3.0?). At the moment I’m using a v2.0 device.
I find it interesting that after I upgraded the system last year (suspect it was updated to v3.2) that when I look at the system info it still says v3.0!
Thanks for your help…

It is preferable to use a USB 3.0 drive, not so much for compatibility issues, but they are much faster. Buy a quality drive.

You can use the files you downloaded and place them in the Syn3Updater folder under Downloads on a Windows pc and it will verify and use those files instead of downloading them again.

As far as last years update, it apparently failed. It is not possible that is just went back to 3.0 from 3.2 since the file structures are not compatible.

Is this your goal?

So I finally found a Win10 PC to get this done. It worked as advertised :grinning:
One thing that I have noticed is that “Climate” has not shown up like on other users updates… (they said that they did not have a “Climate” option before the update but now they have one)
Is there something I’m doing wrong, or is it a software switch?

See this thread…

Re-enabling climate domain/repeater options after 3.4 update + parking sensor display - Ford / Configuration (AsBuilt) - CyanLabs Official Community

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.