USB disconnected after two weeks of updating to sync 3.4 focus 2019 titanium

I did the sync 3.4 update, I had no problems until two weeks later, I was in the vehicle listening to music through apple car play connected to the usb and from one moment to another the two usb were disconnected, the one in the armrest and the that is in front of the gearbox

SYNC Region: Australia, New Zealand, South America

Navigation Variant: Yes

Install Type: Stock (Original Unit)

Old SYNC Version: 3.0.20204

New SYNC Version: 3.4.20220

Do you have a error message, if so what is it?

Update Method: CyanLabs Manual Method

Syn3 Updater Version:

Syn3 Updater Documentation Read:

Syn3 Updater Log File

Most likely a wiring issue, but could be a hub failing. What else do you have plugged into the usb hub?
This might help…

2019 focus usb hub not working - Google Search

only apple car play was connected when the usb ports stopped working

Do the USB ports work for a music USB?
How did you test them?
Apple CarPlay will be intermittent with a non-genuine Apple cable.

the usb ports don’t work, they don’t charge a usb and it doesn’t charge a cell phone, the cables I have are original from iphone

Pretty much sounds like the USB port in the dash may have an issue with the USB connection or power. I recommend pulling the USB port from the dash and checking the connections. If needed, you can replace the USB port hub, information here:
Media Hub, CarPlay Compatible - 2015-2020 Ford/Lincoln - SYNC 3 - Ford / Information - CyanLabs Official Community

HU5Z-19A387-C (BLUE BACKLIGHTING) Ford (Wide 1 USB-A Port, w/Pass Through)
2016-2019 Ford Focus

Before you purchase a hub for replacement:
It is possible that an update on the phone has caused an issue with this. Look to see what version you are on. The latest Apple version is 15.7. Also, try turning off CP on the Sync unit to see if the phone will charge without CP active.
Another thing to try is to unpair the phone and delete the Bluetooth pairing on the phone. Reboot the phone to wipe the CP and BT cache. Then pair the phone to the Sync unit after you have performed a Master Reset on the Sync unit. This will all be clearing the BT connection, but once this is done, then try to connect with CP. Sometimes if the connection profiles are corrupted it will exhibit issues such as this.

I took the vehicle to have it checked by a sony radio electrician and everything is in perfect condition.
Unpair the phone from the radio and Reboot the phone to clear the CP and BT cache. Then pair the phone with the sync unit after you have performed a master reset on the sync unit. All this will clear the BT connection, but once done, try to connect with CP, they still don’t work

Sounds like a bad usb hub.You will want to replace the hub with 2 connections, the pass-thru one.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.