Voice navi commands not working on Syn3.4.20196

@x-x , @Panos ,

This is very good information. It truly looks like a Sync software issue. I think this issue might be wider spread than just for Greece. It’s a shame that Ford software engineering (or their 3rd party) has not spent the time or effort to fix issues like this in their systems. I know this has to be very disappointing for you.

1 Like

I had the same problem on Sync 3.4.21194 after upgrading maps to NA 2.20 from CyanLabs. Most voice commands would work, but specific navigation voice commands would not, for example “Find a place” and “Find an address”. Error message was along the lines of “Function not available, please complete the update”. However, the update had completed without error message. Ultimately, I fixed it by downloading the official NA 2.20 maps from Ford and installing them over the NA 2.20 maps from CyanLabs. Since then, all voice commands work.

This doesn’t really make too much sense since the files are the same…

Well, all I can tell you is my actual observations: before I installed the official maps over the CyanLabs maps, it would not recognize the update as complete and these specific nav voice commands won’t work, after the reinstall with the official maps the error message did not appear again and all voice commands work.

Thank you for the feedback about the installation. Most likely there was an incomplete or corrupted installation, which was fixed when the files were overwritten.

Yes, apparently that was the case. What was surprising though is that the previous CyanLabs map installation completed without any error or indication of an incomplete installation.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.